The BEST time to visit Orlando (Avoid Crowds)

May 26, 2015, 5:10 AM

The week before Memorial Day weekend. Last week my family and I hit all four of the Orlando majors. And with a couple of exceptions ("Dwarf Mine Train" [which is a target attraction] and "Despicable Me" [which I attribute to its front-of-the-park location]) we waited no more than 20 minutes to get on an attraction. And that INCLUDES "Escape from Gringotts" and Forbidden Journey.

Granted we did not venture to either "Soarin'" or the Toy Story attraction at DHS. But all things considered we walked into shows, ate at EPCOT (Seven Dragons) without reservations and never had to line up all that long at food carts or retail outlets.

Replies (7)

May 26, 2015, 8:56 AM

May and October are great times to visit...

After Memorial Day till the end or Summer, all those will be packed...

Forbidden Journey is the Best..

Edited: May 26, 2015, 9:54 AM

Best times to go in off-season is January, February, (skip Easter and spring break in March to April), May, September, early October (avoid Halloween events), early November (before Thanksgiving week), early December.

Caveats: Could be rainy in May (I was rained out for the full week.)

May 26, 2015, 10:19 AM

May has generally been good for us. Last year we went the week before Memorial Day & the parks were slow to moderate level, and against all odds, sunshine & no rain for 9 days.. The only day we ran into a crowd was the Friday before Memorial Day, and FJ was over an hour for the early entry time. We left Orlando Sat. afternoon & the traffic going north to Pa. was very light....middle September has been good for low crowds, but way too much rain & humidity. October has been fine, as well as late April & early May since the weather has generally been decent at those times. But we have hit periods of heavy rain in mid to late May on previous trips, so it depended if we were lucky or not on rain.

May 26, 2015, 12:33 PM

Just out of curiosity, what was the fourth Orlando Park? Legoland or Busch Gardens?

May 26, 2015, 1:37 PM

DAK, MK, EPCOT, DHS, IOA, USF

May 26, 2015, 1:41 PM

TH that is six and those six can actually be seen as 2 parks with multiple gates.

May 28, 2015, 4:00 AM

The week right after Thanksgiving I have been told is the slowest week of the year at Orlando. So that is when we usually go. Week between Christmas and new year's is definitely time to avoid.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive