If You Believe TEA Magic Kingdom hits 19.3 Million

Edited: June 3, 2015, 3:38 AM

Disney owns the top six spots on the USA parks list -- with DCA in the sixth spot topping IOA and USF by more than a million people. And can someone explain to me why IOA is listed seventh with 8.1 million when USF is listed eighth at 8.2 million?

Replies (5)

Edited: June 3, 2015, 4:06 AM

And then if you look on the worldwide list of attractions USF is listed ahead of IOA. Is there a reason for the inconsistency between the USA and worldwide lists or is TEA really that sloppy when it comes to numbers?

Edited: June 3, 2015, 6:22 AM

Len Testa of Touring Plans, in an interview on WDW Today podcast, says that the TEA numbers are inaccurate. TP does in depth research on Universal & Disney attendance.

Edited: June 3, 2015, 6:40 AM

By the way if you believe the numbers are published you can add the two Universal Parks in Orlando together and they'd be almost 3 million guests below the Magic Kingdom's.

Edited: June 3, 2015, 6:49 AM

And the Orlando Sentinel is already reporting these figures as if they are credible. The newspaper is saying that industry executives consider the TEA report to be a leading indicator of theme park attendance. And I guarantee other media outlets will do the same thing and few if any reporters or commentators will ask TEA to disclose its math.

June 3, 2015, 7:10 AM

When it comes to theme parks, it seems as if the theme park centric sites, like TPI, Touring Plans, Orlando United, WDW Magic,Orlando attractions Magazine, Mice Chat & others are much more knowledgeable about what's really happening at theme parks than the main stream media. Quite often, the reporters for the media have little background knowledge of what they are reporting on. Generally, they are just re publishing press releases with a twist. I would trust the opinions of Robert Niles, Len Testa, Lee & Brian Glenn over any of these mainline releases.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive