Jurassic World

June 12, 2015, 3:36 AM

So who else saw it last night? There were a ton of great scenes in the movie, so if you decide to discuss them please start your post with a Spoilers alert at the top.

Replies (5)

June 14, 2015, 8:54 AM

The park looked like CityWalk. Starbucks, Maragrita Villie, etc.

June 15, 2015, 10:51 AM

It was a fun popcorn flick and had some really well done moments. There were a few moments that made me raise my eyebrows and the ending was... Action packed and campy. That being said it was fun. Not the ground breaking champ the original was, but a worthy sequel.

June 15, 2015, 11:52 AM

I went and saw Jurassic World last night. Honestly, I don't know what to think. The movie was definitely an entertaining one with great visuals and plenty of comedic moments. However, some elements of the movie were so ridiculous that I had to question whether this was a Jurassic Park sequel or a Jurassic Park spoof. While the movie has numerous references to the original, it is an action movie with a very different feel from the previous installments in the series (it actually felt more like Godzilla to me). As a mindless action film, I enjoyed it. As a Jurassic Park movie, however, I was a bit underwhelmed. I'd still probably rank it second in the series, but I just hoped for a little more given how crazy the reception has been.

June 15, 2015, 12:45 PM

I haven't seen it yet but was concerned that the trend to "stupidize" action movies will infect this one. I hated the Green Hornet, Starsky & Hutch, 21 Jump Street, and other recent reboots that ruined the history of those action franchises by making them comedy-action dramas with goof-ball lead actors.

June 15, 2015, 1:02 PM

By ranking it second in the series, its a compliment considering how much a disappointment was the other two sequels. I'd like to point out that even Steven Spielberg doesn't do good sequels.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive