Universal Orlando adds Tesla and Clipper Creek electric vehicle charging stations

June 12, 2015, 10:25 AM

If you drive an electric vehicle, such as a Tesla, you won't need to worry about having enough charge to get home after a visit to the Universal Orlando Resort. The resort announced today that it has added four electric vehicle charging stations in its CityWalk valet parking area.

Charging stations
Photo courtesy Universal Orlando

Two of the stations are for Teslas and two are Clipper Creek charging stations. Universal announced that this is part of its valet parking, so I would assume that you would need to pay for the valet parking ($30-35 for over two hours) in order to use the chargers. But having the valet run the charging stations should give Universal the ability to move cars from those stations once they've charged, so that one visitor can't monopolize a charging station all day while they're in the parks.

Universal Orlando's doppelgänger, the Disneyland Resort, also offers electrical vehicle charging, with 20 self-serve stations run through ChargePoint. Have you found electrical vehicle charging — either free or paid — at another theme park? Tell us in the responses.

Replies (9)

June 12, 2015, 12:30 PM

I wonder if there will someday be a car rental for TESLA?

Tesla average cost are way to high for most of us, so a rental option might be nice...

June 12, 2015, 1:08 PM

They have electric vehicle charging stations at EPCOT. Saw them there last month. It leads me to believe they are probably in all four of the Dub-Dee-Dubs.

June 21, 2015, 4:40 AM

In drought-stricken California, Universal might want to give some attention to low-tech systems ... like sprinklers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-studios-caught-watering-again-804009

June 21, 2015, 9:24 AM

Sprinkler heads bust all the time...

June 21, 2015, 12:53 PM

... apparently they do at Universal.

June 22, 2015, 1:56 PM

Really? Now you're claiming that Disney STOLE the sprinkler head? Please!

June 22, 2015, 2:47 PM

So you're trying to say that Universal builds sprinklers faster than Disney? You're trying to get away with that rubbish?!

June 22, 2015, 4:27 PM

Uh... I didn't claim anything like that?

June 23, 2015, 3:30 AM

So then Harry Potter sprinklers are better than Star Wars sprinklers, eh?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive