Great Adventure Tips

June 17, 2015, 1:24 PM

Might be going to Great Adventure tomorrow. Any tips? I like me some thrills.

Replies (1)

Edited: June 17, 2015, 1:52 PM

Get there about 30 minutes before the park opens. If you must ride on Kingda Ka, see if it's testing when you pull into the parking lot. If it looks like it's going to run shortly after the park opens, go straight there since the capacity has been severely limited by the operation of Zumanjaro (rides have to alternate sequences). You could then either hit Zumanjaro (which does have one of the few single rider lines in the park) or head back over to Superman, which is one of the slowest operating coasters I've ever seen. It's a clone of the other Superman B&M flyers in other SF parks, so unless you've never ridden one before, it's probably not necessary. If you do ride Superman, go ahead and hit Green Lantern next door and then make your way over to El Toro. El Toro is by far the best coaster in the park, and you might want to ride a few times depending upon your tolerance for the line. After that, you can hit Bizarro and then walk down the midway towards the other end of the park. They have a bunch of different flat rides (a few unique like Houdini's Great Escape and the Parachutes), but the only coaster on the south end of the park that's really worth your time is Nitro. Batman and The Dark Knight are nearby, so you could hit those as well if the lines aren't too long, and there's always the unique Skull Mountain if you run out of things to do. My guess is that you'll probably spend most of your time on the north side of the park, but don't forget to grab a ride on Nitro, probably the second best coaster in the park.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive