Goodbye Figment and hello... Inside Out?

June 26, 2015, 9:58 AM

A rumor Jim Hill started on the Disney Dish Podcast. Any thoughts?

Replies (16)

June 26, 2015, 1:03 PM

I predicted this since the concept of the film came out. Plus, after the smashing success it's been, there's no doubt in my mind it will replace figment.

June 26, 2015, 1:41 PM

Great idea!

June 27, 2015, 12:16 PM

It was a terrific film, so I am all for it and if it keeps rolling at the box office, even Disney's bean counters can't (shouldn't) argue with the move. It just takes one little spark of cash to get the Mouse moving in the right direction....

June 28, 2015, 8:23 AM

I thought we weren't getting rid of Figment. If you look at the D23 speeches about EPCOT and Tony Baxter, Robert Iger is annoyed that people kept asking him to bring Figment back. I do not think he is going anywhere.

Disney already had their chance with a voice in your head...Cranium Command!

June 28, 2015, 9:56 AM

Yeah I'd rather see this movie bring back an entire pavilion rather than update a slightly neglected one. Wonders of Life needs to come back. Epcot needs more rides. Unless you're a cast member that can truly explore the park, it feels like a large shopping mall that you paid $90 dollars to get into.

Wonders of Life pavilion was unfortunately trashed all back stage when I worked there in 2011. I got to explore some of the restricted areas thanks to a manager, and it's mostly being used either for storage or it's quite literally trashed out and in disrepair. To see Body Wars with boxes all stacked around the simulator vehicle was a sad sight.

June 29, 2015, 10:52 AM

I honestly don't get why Epcot's attendance is higher than Hollywood Studios. Both need some major changes, but Epcot more so. Future World needs to be redone badly. I'd love to know Disney's long term strategy for the park, but it needs changes. Instead of Future World, it could have a new name that focuses on Science and Technology, but get rid of the word Future. Tomorrowland will likely not be redone based on the the movie, but perhaps it should could focus more on the possiblities of Tomorrow while Epcot could focus more on science and and discovery of what it already happening. Epcot would still focus on the future but it will be more about how science and technology wil change tomorrow. Inside Out would be perfect, but more needs to be done.

June 29, 2015, 1:04 PM

Mr. Keith asks: "I honestly don't get why Epcot's attendance is higher than Hollywood Studios."

I Respond: I'm guessing "Flower and Garden" and "Food and Wine" probably have something to do with it.

June 29, 2015, 1:24 PM

Epcot has the capacity to have even more attendance than DHS. That EPCOT is merely 1 million more than DHS is a waste of a theme park.

I do think the name of EPCOT doesn't serve its purpose anymore. It should be considered a "Worlds" park. Perhaps as a play on the name, call it "Disney's World" park. Emphasize the world aspects. Future World should have an international feel to it. Turn Soarin' into the world tour that was long rumored. Finally, put a big ride in the World Showcase pavilions. Other than Frozen becoming the must-see E-Ticket (in theory), another E-Ticket in France like Ratatouille would be a fine addition.

July 5, 2015, 8:38 AM

I am still holding out for a Journey to Imagination reboot using the same technology as Mystic Manor. Dreamfinder and Figment in the roles? Seems like a winner to me!

July 6, 2015, 2:59 PM

Inside Out had another big weekend, taking over the #1 spot with almost $30M domestic. At this point, Anthony, it is not a matter of "if", but "when".

July 6, 2015, 4:38 PM

Then open up Cranium Command. Once again, Iger is sick of hearing the complaints about Figment. He will not be going anywhere.

July 6, 2015, 5:11 PM

Cranium Command is gone. There is nothing to open. While I am all for a new Wonders of Life Pavilion, all rumors suggest an Imagination redo. We'll know more in a few months - I hope.

July 6, 2015, 6:00 PM

I can confirm that Cranium Command hadsbeen completely gutted. There is no chance of that reopening despite how extremely similar it is to Inside Out...

July 6, 2015, 6:22 PM

I still think the Body Wars simulator should be repurposed as The Incredibles or Big Hero 6.

July 7, 2015, 3:44 PM

The hot question I have which maybe the Insider Insider can answer is does Disney make so much money on Food and Wine and Flower and Garden that they can keep it pretty empty for the remaining 8 or so months.

I am going to guess yes.

July 7, 2015, 10:32 PM

If this is similar to what we can expect, I'm in.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive