Bad Moments at Theme Parks

Edited: July 25, 2015, 12:16 PM

We've all been there.

We have all done something dumb or pointless at some form of a theme park, no matter what parks wev'e been to. Or, say, we got injured of sick at one of them. Two moments stick out in my mind from my personal experience..

. I got the flu at Epcot once...it was horrible..

. At Adventure Island (the one in Tampa), I put my palms on the water slide on a really steep drop and got a bad bruise on my left wrist. It's still there, fading, as I type this.

What about you? Have you done something stupid, or gotten hurt at a theme park? Please share you thoughts below.

Replies (2)

July 31, 2015, 6:46 AM

When I was in high school my friend set me up with a blind date for a trip to Six Flags. My date was fine, but my friend's girlfriend was quite a piece of work. While unloading from the Judge Roy Scream an older gentlemen directed a comment to her in a jovial, polite way, "Thanks for screaming for me!". To which my friend's girlfriend replied, "F*@! you, old man!" with as much vitriol as she could muster. Mortified, I scurried away not wanting to see the aftermath or fallout. Weird.

July 31, 2015, 7:30 AM

I once rode The Ninja at Six Flags over Georgia twice in the same day in different parts of the train just because I couldn't believe that it was that much of a head banger.

A few years later, I rode The Ninja at Six Flags St Louis to see if it was just as bad as its clone at SFOG. It was.

I should know better, but the concussive damage keeps me from remembering why I shouldn't ride the doggone thing.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive