Hopes, and Fears, for the 2015 D23 Expo

August 3, 2015, 9:50 AM

The 2015 D23 Expo starts a week from Friday, on Aug. 14. What are you most looking forward to seeing or hearing about at this year's official Disney fan event? And, on the tip side, what do you most fear will or will not happen at this year's event?

Replies (16)

August 3, 2015, 9:52 AM

If they don't announce, with at least some detail, the overall plans for DHS, D23 will be a failure in my eyes.

August 3, 2015, 10:27 AM

Star Wars, Star Wars, and Star Wars at DHS and Disneyland. Any new Marvel attractions at Disneyland. Other developments at Disney World and Disneyland. Progress at Shanghai. Fears: Nothing about Star Wars.

August 3, 2015, 11:13 AM

Hoping:
- Anything they'll announce for WDW, to revive that dead carcass, and that is as good as imagineering is doing in Disney Sea and build within 3 years would be amazing good news.
- A Villains Land would be awesome.
- Replacement of all the shows in DHS.
- Re-theming of Epcot's future world.
- Re-theming of Epcot's World Showcare by sticking as many movie franchises in there with a ride.
- Opening MK 24/7 365.
- Stop Magic band forever.
- Lightrail system for all resorts (nu busses anymore).

Fears:
- I dread it if Star Wars Land is a Dombo spinner with t-fighters around a death star and food in the shape of SW characters.
- Tomorrowland will stay a mess of rides that don't belong there.
- More upcharge schemes taking away better viewing area's.
- Focus on shops and food, the rides make it a theme park and not a mall.
- An announcement of another Disney movie with bloody princesses in them.
- Another teen beach movie.

August 3, 2015, 12:22 PM

I see a trend here and have to agree:
They HAVE to announce something related to DHS, or else there will be a lot of sad faces in the audience...

Edited: August 3, 2015, 1:27 PM

Hopes
We need to hear Star Wars and Pixar at Hollywood studios, More news on incredibles 2, things to come at Epcot, update on Avatar land and maybe a new force awakens and civil war trailer?

Fears
.nothing about DHS
. Lion king is being converted to live action

August 4, 2015, 9:14 PM

Hope: Making Star Wars a true immersive experience that equals or goes above Wizarding World.

Fear: Star Wars Christmas Special Live! With Chewy's family and friends...... or "It's a Small Hoth World" or "Jar Jars Escape!"

Edited: August 5, 2015, 5:28 AM

Hopes: Something related to HWS or Epcot.

Fears: All HWS will be getting is Toy Story Playland, and that's it.

In other words, Disney, do something about Hollywood Studios!

August 5, 2015, 2:25 PM

It's a pretty universal demand. STAR WARS!!! Anything short of that will be a universal disappointment.

Edited: August 5, 2015, 6:46 PM

Hopes: (not theme park related) Kingdom Hearts 3 gets a a new trailer and release date, HWS expansion includes more than one brand new area set to star wars, bring a Wreck It Ralph ride or show to Hollywood Studios, they announce anything that will open within 2 years

Fears: Whatever they have planned will take too long to develop (Avatar) and by the time it opens it'll be irrelevant

August 5, 2015, 6:47 PM

Rob, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE *wink*

August 5, 2015, 7:45 PM

"Anything short of that will be a universal" advantage.

August 5, 2015, 7:50 PM

Michael: Good lookin out. LOL

August 5, 2015, 9:52 PM

Only on the theme park side...

Hopes:

-New attraction announcements for every US park
-Star Wars Land on both coasts
-Marvel Land in California
-A reasonable timeline for all these additions

Fears:

-No attraction announcements whatsoever
-Frozen Land instead of Star Wars/Marvel
-Something so good for WDW it will force me to delay visiting for 5+ years (okay, that's not really a fear)

August 6, 2015, 10:37 AM

Hopes:
.Imagination finally getting a makeover
.Star Wars news
.Marvel @ Disneyland
Tomorrowland at both parks getting a makeover
Fears:
MORE FROZEN
no news what so ever
no makeover for either Tomorrowland or Imagination

August 7, 2015, 7:49 AM

Hopes:
Solid info on the DHS expansion (Star Wars/Pixar)
Solid info on the Pandora expansion

Fears:
Glitzy but insubstanial teasers on the DHS and DAK expansions.

August 8, 2015, 8:37 AM

Being in south China, I'd love to hear about another expansion at Hong Kong Disneyland - they have tons of unused space!

As for the U.S of A, I echo most people in saying I really hope to hear about 1) Star Wars (either or both coasts) and 2) Hollywood Studios.

My fear is that DHS will only get a copy of Paris and Hong Kong's Pixar PlayLand, and that the only DLR news will be renderings of the new parking structure.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive