Disneyland in July

Edited: August 5, 2015, 3:12 AM

Hello
I'm planning a trip to Disneyland next July to celebrate my 40th birthday. I used to work at Disney world so know how to max Fast Pass opportunities. However will 3 full (long) days be sufficient to take in the best the resort has to offer (not every ride, just the main and unique ones). I know it gets very busy in July. (I can extend to 4 days but it's not ideal) I'll be staying nearly on site at Candy Cane as don't plan on spending much time in the room.

Also with Potter opening at Universal next summer. (Do we have an ETA?) I'm guessing that may now become a 2 day park with crowds?

Look forward to hearing your advice? Thanks Richard

Replies (3)

August 5, 2015, 7:31 PM

3 days will be great. In California Adventure make sure to get to Radiator Springs Racers. Disneyland has Indiana Jones ride which is popular. The new parade and new fireworks are great.

I'm not sure about Universal Studios, L.A. ever becoming a 2 day park even with Harry Potter coming Spring 2016.

August 5, 2015, 10:04 PM

Three days should be plenty. I've found that it takes about 16 hours to do the main attractions at the two parks during peak periods so with three days you should easily be able to do everything and re-ride your favorites. I'd focus on one park on each of your first two days, then use the third to hop around for re-rides. At Disneyland, you'll want to grab a Fastpass for Indiana Jones Adventure immediately upon opening, then tackle the lands in this order: Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Toontown, Fantasyland. At DCA, tour the park in a logical manner for getting Fastpasses in this order: Radiator Springs Racers, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Soarin' Over California. The parks also offer single rider on a number of attractions, so if your group doesn't mind splitting up that can be a good alternative to Fastpasses.

For Universal Studios Hollywood, I've been hearing that they're trying to get Wizarding World of Harry Potter open for Spring Break to help manage crowds during the summer. I don't think that will make it a 2 day park (keep in mind that it's about half the size of one Universal Orlando Park), but I think it will become a 10 hour park instead of a 6 hour park.

August 5, 2015, 11:47 PM

Thanks so much for the tips it's really appreciated.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive