Front row/first car

August 18, 2015, 3:15 PM

In visits the past few years, we have requested (and generally been provided with) front tier seating in such attractions as Soarin', Space Mt., Tower, etc. if we are willing to wait for one more load to go through. My question is do the CMs do this routinely? Is this an acceptable protocol? Are we being too pushy? It seems like an accepted maneuver and the benefits are worth the short extra waits.

Replies (3)

August 18, 2015, 4:06 PM

A cast member could confirm this, but I believe Disney's policy is to accommodate any reasonable request made by a guest. It does not affect the operation of the attraction to have a party wait off to the side for the next available ride vehicle, and in my opinion as long as a guest is willing to wait they should be permitted to sit where they want. It really frustrates me at parks with assigned seating that don't allow guests to wait an extra train for the front or back seat (it's mostly Six Flags where I've encountered this). I don't see any problem with continuing to request the front seat if you prefer it, and the worst that could possibly happen is having your request denied. It's not like you're requesting a private ride vehicle or something (seriously, I've seen groups of 3-4 request a private elevator on Tower or a private jeep on Indy).

August 23, 2015, 3:16 PM

CMs at Disney parks are happy to accommodate a guest's requests - even if they're rude, which I'm sure you aren't. My daughter and I are pass holders and go at least twice a year; we regularly request a specific location on certain attractions. When accompanied by a smile and The Magic Word, your request is cheerfully taken care of. No, you're not being pushy at all!

August 23, 2015, 4:54 PM

At some parks here in the UK, Merlin sell a special one off fastpass for front seat privlidges. Personally, I'm not a fan of such nickle-and-diming, but there's obviously a demand for it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive