Test Track 2.0 Questions

August 18, 2015, 8:12 PM

I have two questions about Test Track 2.0, as I was not able to ride it last time I visited Walt Disney World

-If there are 6 riders in a vehicle, then whose custom car is selected for the ride?
-How big a difference does the custom car make? For example, if every one in your ride vehicle has horrible "Power" scores, then will you go really slow on the "Power" section of the ride?

Replies (7)

Edited: August 18, 2015, 8:19 PM

It is weird but you kind of are competing with the people that are seating right in front of you or vice versa if your seating in the front. That's what the custom cars are for, to see who made the best car out of the vehicle . The design of your car has no effect on the actual speed or performance of the actual car your riding.

August 18, 2015, 8:24 PM

Yes, all the cars are the same, each holds 6 people. You design a car or truck with different performance standards before you ride. Each person enters their car by tapping the card or magic band at the load area and afterwards, the point totals appear on a big wall at the exit. You get incomplete scores while you ride, the final score is at the wall. Bragging rights at stake.

August 18, 2015, 8:30 PM

OK, so this custom car has no effect on the actual ride experience itself?

August 18, 2015, 11:41 PM

No it has no effect for the ride experience.

September 1, 2015, 10:40 AM

Anyone else think it was much better before?

September 1, 2015, 10:47 AM

The cars are 3x3 and I believe it goes the same speed no matter what. The inside is really cool but if you're looking for a good race-type ride, check out Radiator Springs Racers at Disneyland. Easily the best Disney ride made in a long time

September 1, 2015, 10:58 AM

Each team (your group of team members) design a custom car. Another group or two might sit with you in the same car. The custom cars are compared with each other in performance based on their design via computer. You see the results on the screens located throughout the ride. After each test, you get instant results. By the end of the ride, the best car gets the nod. You win, but everyone wins.

I do like the new Tron design. It's a big improvement over the previous version.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive