Top 10 Reasons to Love Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Hollywood Studios seems to get a lot of flak, however, I find it to be a pretty great park, despite it's many obvious flaws.
So, what are your top ten Disney's Hollywood Studios moments that really just "spark" a special sense of magic for you?
Mine are (in no particular order):
1. Seeing Tower of Terror in the distance from your car, and knowing that you'll be travelling into the Twilight Zone later in the day.
2. Approaching the beautiful park entrance and hearing all of the epic and sweeping film scores all around you.
3. Passing under the main entrance and finding yourself immersed into Hollywood Boulevard, and hearing all of the sounds and music that help to immerse you into old Hollywood. Incredible theming.
4. Turning right from Hollywood Boulevard and then down Sunset Boulevard, and seeing Tower of Terror in the distance. That special feeling is enhanced at night, haha.
5. Hearing the screams from Tower of Terror as you approach the grounds of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
6. Coming out of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's pre-show and into the dark alley, then watching and hearing the stretch limo blast off into the darkness.
7. All of the fun photo ops in the Streets of America.
8. The amazing music loop in Animation Courtyard.
9. Nerding out in the Star Tours queue and during Indy, also hearing John Williams' epic film scores help plenty.
10. The final collection of movie clips on The Great Movie Ride.
Only one thing calling out to me at the moment: Fantasmic. My favorite night show in the world. Sitting in the arena as people around you wave light up souvenirs while modern artists sing Disney tunes helps you get excited for a grand show. I could visit DHS hundreds of times and would refuse to allow myself to miss it. It's just a great way to end a day at a park.
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
1- Fantasmic! That is the only night-time spectacular at WDW that stars Mickey Mouse!!!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaay I LOVE DHS!!!
oh oh oh and.... its called the GREAT Movie Ride for a reason! :-)
You guys forgot the GIANT Sorcerer Mickey hat!
Nobody mentioned the "Disney Channel Rocks" concert-show yet -- is that still playing ? And does anyone know if they have plans to update it soon ?
Disney Channel Rocks is no longing playing (it shut down last April). No one has said what will replace it yet. And if you enjoyed it, sorry for your disappointment.
I agree with all of the above! Plus, I would add the only place to get a photo with Sorcerer Mickey.
You people keep ... forgetting ... The HAT!!!!
We are trying to forget The Hat but you keep reminding us.
Yeah, the Hat: an icon so great they decided to put an ugly stage in front of it...
If it is any consolation TH, my boys think the hat is awesome.
WORST THING ABOUT DHS
Do not ... Mock ... The HAT!
Sadly Jaiden, that statement is pretty much true of Universal's own parks as well.
^Only if you have the power to see through eyesore platforms.
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.