Waterparks at Disney World and Universal Orlando

August 27, 2015, 7:10 PM

Are the waterparks at Disney World and Universal Orlando worth it? We are going on a trip next week, but I was wondering if the waterparks are great enough to spend a day there.

Replies (12)

August 27, 2015, 7:15 PM

I would actually recommend the water parks over DHS currently. If you have the days to enjoy them, they are worth it.

August 28, 2015, 12:06 AM

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon at disney are definitely worth it as they have some great rides, summit plummit and crush 'n' gusher. The wet and wild park at universal isn't as it Is a bit run down compared to the disney ones. I'd suggest going to Aquatica aswell though as it has a really nice setting and overall feel to the park with quite a lot of good rides like the ihu breakaway falls and it also has a really fast lazy river.

August 28, 2015, 7:57 AM

Typhoon Lagoon is one of the best water parks in the world. Be sure to arrive early and remember you can bring food into the park. You cannot bring glass containers or alcohol. The wave pool, the lazy River and all the slides are excellent.

August 28, 2015, 8:59 AM

Typhoon Lagoon is s nice water park but I prefer Aquatica.
It is across from SeaWorld and it is the Best water park in my humble opinion..

If you have the funds look at Discovery Cove - not a water park but it is a water adventure..

Edited: August 28, 2015, 10:40 AM

Aquatica is great. The reason I like Typhoon Lagoon more is because of the tropical theming, the wave pool and that you can also bring coolers with your own food and non-alcoholic beverages.

It is also free to park at TL. Aquatica costs $13.

August 28, 2015, 11:10 AM

Since Wet n Wild's closing next year, you might as well get in one last visit.

August 28, 2015, 12:39 PM

Typhoon Lagoon is great. I preferred Typhoon Lagoon over blizzard beach. I haven't been to the others.

August 28, 2015, 1:56 PM

Both of the times that we have gone to WDW with our children Blizzard Beach has been closed for re-hab. However I agree with TH that of the water parks we have been to my favorite is Typhoon Lagoon, much better wave pool then the others, although Aquatica is amazing in it's own way. Wet 'n' Wild was kind of a let down but will be hitting Volcano Bay when we are there next.

Edited: August 28, 2015, 5:32 PM

I think the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool is one on the world's best ATTRACTIONS. Great theming. No wait time. And you can enjoy it as long as you want. And those waves ... The way they come in sets.

August 30, 2015, 9:42 AM

I would second TH's thoughts on TL. I like it because it has a little something for everybody. The wave pool is the crowning jewel of the place, but I like the Shark lagoon too! Again, something a little different.

Blizzard Beach, in my option, is the greatest themed waterpark in the world. It is dripping (pun intended?) with Disney Imaginering and the juxiposition between surf and snow is both widely funny and gives some pretty creative slides.

September 1, 2015, 11:07 AM

Blizzard Beach - Heck no - Aquatica is much better....

Mr. TH Creative does bring up a valid point about an extra $13 for paying for parking while Typhoon Lagoon is free. First time we went to Typhoon Lagoon and no one asking for money for parking, I thought I went in a wrong entrance or something...

#BudgetsDoMatterOnVacation...

September 1, 2015, 12:49 PM

I like the tropical theming of Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach is blinding with the fake white snow. Time for a Frozen make over. Call it Olaf's Summer Beach.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive