World of Color or Disneyland Forever?

Edited: September 4, 2015, 5:48 PM

Hi!

I haven´t been to the Disneyland Resort for almost 10 years now and I´m planning a visit to both parks on Wednesday September 16. The OC Register says it will be an "empty" day so I think I can pull off the park hopper option to get the best of both parks.

With that said, I wanted to know which show is better or is worth more seeing? World of Color - Celebrate! or Disneyland Forever?

Thank you !

Replies (8)

September 4, 2015, 11:31 AM

Disneyland forever, however world of colour is still very good yet the fireworks show is just spectacular.

September 4, 2015, 11:39 AM

I´ll be in LA for 4 days, so I was also thinking I could go to Disneyland on Wednesday September 16th and DCA on Thursday. Is that a good idea or would it be better to do both of them on Wednesday with the Park Hopper option?

September 4, 2015, 12:19 PM

Depends. If you want to just hit the "E-ticket" rides. One day with a park hopper will work. If you want to explore everything in each park I would say 2 days at least. Luckily you are going during a good time.... Off season during the week. Evenings will get busier with AP holders.

September 4, 2015, 1:03 PM

For a first time visitor, I would absolutely recommend two days. However, as you have visited before one day may be enough depending on what your interests are. If you mainly want to ride the major attractions and whatever has been added since your last visit, one day is sufficient. If you want to do everything in both parks (including all the nighttime spectaculars), you'll need two days. Crowds should be light on those days so for the most part lines should be no more than 30 minutes.

As for the nighttime spectaculars, I haven't seen the newest versions of the shows yet (going next week to do so), but based on the original World of Color I would rank that one lowest priority. Everything in World of Color is something that was already in Fantasmic, it's just done on a much larger scale and, in my opinion, World of Color is about twice as long as it needs to be. Besides, if you stay at Disneyland you can see two new shows (Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever) rather than just one.

September 4, 2015, 5:27 PM

Thank you everyone who replied! AJ, I think I will follow your advice and do the Disney parks in two days, Disneyland first and DCA the next day. It´s been so long since my last visit that it almost feels as if I were going for the first time again.

As for the crowds, since those days the parks will be light, what time do you recommend arriving at the park? Normally I like to arrive at rope drop for any themepark due to the benefits of being the first to get in and go on rides with little to no wait time. But since this is low season and a weekday, would you recommend doing the same thing or arriving a little later?

I´ll be staying at USC so the drive to Disneyland should be about an hour long.

September 4, 2015, 9:39 PM

I'd still suggest that you get to the park as early as practical to maximize your time there. While crowds will be lower, the operating hours will also be shorter. There's no need to be at the gate 45 minutes before opening or anything like that, but I would still shoot for being at the park (or at least at the resort) by 10 A.M. to get the most out of your time.

September 4, 2015, 10:51 PM

Great. Will do just that! Thank you for your advice. I hope you enjoy your time at the resort next week!

September 7, 2015, 8:28 AM

World of Color is better IMHO

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive