What is Universal building behind Simpsons & MIB

September 22, 2015, 7:11 AM

Went to HHN 25 this past weekend and while waiting in line for the Purge House. We noticed the land to beyond MIB and Simpsons had been freshly cleaned off and standard construction trailers (offices) were on site but yet assembled. This is the land beyond the parade building and the two 'tent' houses are also housed there. This land could of course be used for theme park expansion or another hotel as it is not far from direct road access. Curious if anyone had seen or heard anything

Replies (4)

September 22, 2015, 11:01 AM

I'd guess Nintendo if it doesn't replace one of the kid playgrounds

September 22, 2015, 12:46 PM

I agree, all the rumors say that's where the Nintendo area is supposed to be going. It's also supposed to take over some of the kid's area nearby.

September 22, 2015, 12:57 PM

That space is enormous, I would not be surprised if more than one attraction was eventually slated for that area. And I thought that Nintendo was expected to replace Woody Woodpecker's KidZone?

September 22, 2015, 1:51 PM

I don't think Universal is planning to do anything in that space at the moment, and if anything, Nintendo would likely go where Marvel Island or Kid Zone are currently.

I would like to see something like a more family friendly attraction back there, as Universal is lacking fully realized all the family attractions

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive