ATTRACTION SMACKDOWN 3: RADIATOR SPRINGS RACERS VS TEST TRACK

October 2, 2015, 2:24 PM

Welcome to the second edition of my "Attraction Smackdown" - a weekly series where I compare an original attraction in both DLR and WDW that share a similar theme or ride type. This Week is Radiator Springs Racers in DCA vs Test Track i Epcot (for this smackdown, I will be referring to the updated Test Track). I compare the attractions in 5 different categories:

*Theme
*Storytelling
*Thrill Factor
*Interactivity
*Queue

With these categories in mind, please say which attractions is the superior and please give some reasoning why. Thanks! And let the smackdown begin!

Replies (6)

October 4, 2015, 12:37 AM

I think Radiator Spring Racers wins in everything except thrill factor

October 4, 2015, 9:41 AM

Theme
Radiator Springs Racers- those canyons are amazing!
Storytelling
Test Track has no story, so RSR gets this one
Thrill Factor
Test Track is a lot faster, so Test Track
Interactivity
Test Track- You get to design your own car
Queue
RSR has an amazing line

October 4, 2015, 10:55 AM

Juan, I agree with most of your list except for the interactivity - I think the fact of two cars racing in RSR is more interactive than designing your own car. But that's just my own opinion

October 4, 2015, 10:59 AM

Joe, where is your comparison? You said nothing.

October 4, 2015, 11:49 AM

David, my idea for these smack downs isn't about what I think. I just give the attractions and I wanna see what people think. Again, it's not about my list, and frankly, I don't think you'd wanna read a list where I pick Racers for everything

October 4, 2015, 1:44 PM

I haven't been on Test Track, but from what I've heard Radiator Springs Racers is far better. Based on my observations of Test Track and my first-hand experience riding Radiator Springs Racers:

Theme: RSR wins here because Cars is much more appealing to Disney's target audience than automobile testing.

Storytelling: RSR wins here because it has a story while TT is more of a demonstration ride.

Thrill Factor: This one is a toss-up. RSR has a lot more to it but TT goes faster.

Interactivity: RSR wins due to the racing and variable outcome. TT has the car designing, but this does very little on the actual ride.

Queue: I think I'd have to give this one to TT because of the design a car element and the various things to look at while waiting. RSR has a very elaborately themed queue, but it is still just a basic queue line.

Overall, I'd say RSR wins.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive