OPINION: Why Dragon Challenge should and needs to duel again

Edited: October 5, 2015, 3:59 PM

Dragon Challenge is probably my favorite Orlando coaster. I'm a sucker for a good B&M invert. Back when it was Dueling Dragons, it was my first large coaster. I've only seen it duel twice. When it was Dueling Dragons, and one special ride in 2013. It was July 4th 2013, and I was down in Orlando. I was riding the Hungarian Horntail (ICE), and the Universal team members dispatched the two rides very close to each other. It was awesome. While the Chinese Fireball (FIRE) was a few seconds ahead, it was basically dueling. Now we have the metal detectors. They have there Pros and Cons. The cons are the metal detectors are starving the ride platform. There could be a large line for the metal detectors, but no line past that because they are very slow. The pros, those metal detectors make it IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to lose anything on the ride. Universal could advertise a "refurb" of the ride, take it down for a few days, get some more metal detectors, maybe instal some nets, and TA-DA! we get to duel again!

Discuss

Before
dueling
After
maxresdefault (1)

Layout
article 0 0 E7 D654 D00000578 282 468x473
Found this awesome RCT recreation
525c1c2d5787d
And I found this awesome RCT3 recreation

Replies (3)

October 4, 2015, 9:38 AM

Exactly. Now that there are metal detectors, there is no risk in having them duel.

October 4, 2015, 11:22 AM

I heard of an accident when someone lost an eye from an errant pebble. Pebbles can be lodged in your shoes.

October 4, 2015, 11:29 AM

@Anon
Yes, that could be a possibility, but that could happen to guests in the queue looking at the rides interlocking corkscrews.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive