Orlando Meet-Up on Nov. 21?

Edited: October 9, 2015, 1:09 PM

I will in Orlando for the annual IAAPA Expo the week of Nov. 16 and wanted to see if there would be any reader interest in an Official Theme Park Insider reader meet-up in one of the parks on Saturday, Nov. 21. ( I supposed that the evening of Friday, the 20th is also a possibility - I just wanted to avoid traditional work hours in order to allow more people to attend.)

If you would be interested, we'd need to set a place and time. Suggestions?

Update: Let's vote.

Replies (20)

October 8, 2015, 10:35 PM

I will be in Orlando......in July

October 9, 2015, 6:23 AM

I will be in Orlando in November... of 2016

October 9, 2015, 7:24 AM

Robert are you trolling for Dates here now.... The New TPI dating center....hahhah - Try Craig's list.. Just kidding....

October 9, 2015, 7:42 AM

We can probably take a trip up there Saturday. Parks are cool and so is City Walk with the new NBC Sports bar or anywhere in Disney Springs.

October 9, 2015, 8:22 AM

My preferences always would be Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks, being a Potterhead, but if people want to meet outside the parks, we could go with Jock's or NBC Sports.

Or one on Friday and the other Saturday if it works best that way.

October 9, 2015, 11:19 AM

Sitting in Jock's as I write this ... 2:15 PM ... Not a table available ... Kinda cool.

October 9, 2015, 12:42 PM

And yes, if RN holds an event outside the parks ... THC will attend ... Hold your applause

October 9, 2015, 1:22 PM

Your poll kinda sucks because it fails to list "other". Jocks fills pretty quick, NBC coats $20 to park, and Leaky requires a park ticket. Isn't the point to get us all in the same place to start a fist fight?

October 9, 2015, 2:24 PM

Fair enough. Other options?

October 9, 2015, 3:02 PM

If TH offers to sign copies of 7097-050719, I'm booking a flight right now.

October 9, 2015, 11:26 PM

For location why not one of the restaurants at Idrive 360. Parking and entrance is free and they have some large ones that are open all day.

October 9, 2015, 11:35 PM

I could go for some Shake Shack.

October 10, 2015, 8:49 PM

Well there is always Hooter and Cracker Barrel lol

October 10, 2015, 9:18 PM

Isn't "Hooter's" the new Disney Springs restaurant dedicated to a minor character in Captain EO?

October 11, 2015, 10:12 AM

Nice ... Complimentary copies of '7097-050719' to all who RSVP ... What about Millers Ale House on I-Drive? Free parking, close to the convention center.

October 13, 2015, 11:44 AM

My second kid is due to be born on Nov 20, I'm going to have to sit this one out. I don't think I can get a hall pass for that time.

October 24, 2015, 12:24 PM

Hey, if this is happening could someone confirm. I assure you it will be entertaining

October 25, 2015, 4:07 PM

I'm thinking Saturday lunch somewhere outside the parks, and Friday afternoon for a meet up in Diagon Alley, for people who want to meet in the park. Just need to nail down the Saturday lunch location. I sense a lack of enthusiasm for my Shake Shack idea.

October 30, 2015, 2:47 PM

Here's a deal: Anyone who RSVPs, and shows up, gets a personalized, autographed photo of Mickey Mouse.

I have connections!

Edited: November 3, 2015, 8:32 PM

Connections are good, but I'd think getting them to offer a discount at one of Disney Springs' restaurants would be a better draw, plus they'd be getting our business. That's my 2 cents, but at this time I'm not sure I can attend yet. BTW, I haven't been there since they changed the name from Downtown Disney. It will take some time getting use to the new name, but for what it's worth everyone I know who's been prefers to still call it Downtown Disney. I think it's a cool area, plus free parking unlike going to City Walk during the day. Parking prices really turn many away who don't have a season pass. Disney Springs is free parking for all so keep that in mind for meet and greets in Orlando. ;)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive