Connecting to a Disney Merchandise buyer

Edited: November 10, 2015, 6:31 PM

My company makes a great product - Flavored waffle ice cream cones, that I believe would be a tremendous hit in the Disney parks.
I is VERY difficult trying to connect with a Disney buyer.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to make that connection?
Thanks, Dave

Replies (11)

November 10, 2015, 6:43 PM

Do you have an an established business? If so, my idea would be to try to market your product online, maybe reach out to some other amusement/theme parks first. Having your product sold at the highest attended theme parks in the world would be a great goal, but one that may not happen, but it's a good goal. Either way good luck! It sounds like a good product.

November 10, 2015, 7:27 PM

Thanks for the advice - but what I really need is a connection to a Disney merchandise buyer

November 11, 2015, 10:30 AM

Sure we all know all of the Buyers, everyone knows the Disney buyers..

There is a Guy who hangs out at Disney Springs - he will be wearing a Red shirt.. Just tell him I sent you... He will buy all the cones you can make..

Now you are talking about a Major world wide company and you think by posting on TPI it will help you get in the door...

Perhaps you had one too many spins on the Tea Cups..
Sorry to bust your chops, but you can't be serious... Might not be the best business plan..

November 14, 2015, 12:56 AM

There are only 2 avenues really. Disney will come to you, and you will need to be pushing your product at trade shows and other amusement parks/fairs prior. The other option is your legal team and managing to work through the correct channels and right connections. Both are slow processes, though typically the trade show is the easier option.

Your best bet is to really push your company at craft food festivals and try to push your product at or near industry trade shows. Creating and having a great product is not enough, you'll need to be able to sell it to your audience, which in this case is a Disney employee with some credentials.

November 17, 2015, 12:19 PM

Start here:
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/about-disney/disney-business-services/supplier-diversity/meet-the-team

November 17, 2015, 12:28 PM

You need to contact Disney's Strategic Sourcing and Procurement department...specifically for Parks & Resorts....407-828-2012 or 407-828-3575 and ask how to be considered.

November 18, 2015, 3:08 PM

Paging Mr. Head .... Mr. Richard Head ... Oh wait ... I am sorry the name associated with that page is Mr. Emery ... Mr. Brian Emery.

Edited: November 19, 2015, 9:36 AM

Try to sell your product to a vendor in Downtown Disney. Gain a foothold. They will be aware of you at that point. If this doesn't work, open your own outlet. I just don't know if flavored waffle ice cream cones is really that unique. Can anyone make it? The Disney theme parks only sells a few varieties of waffle cones: plain, chocolate covered, with sprinkles or peanuts. They make their waffle cones. So this means you're selling the batter? How hard is it to add flavor to the batter? I would think not hard.

Edited: November 19, 2015, 1:08 PM

TH Creative - Hahaha - I Like it!!
You Almost made me spit out my afternoon Tea Governor..

Why not open a shop in Disney Springs?
Rent a Space and sell this incredible new product at an extremely high price (Everything in Disney Springs in overpriced).

November 21, 2015, 1:18 PM

Is the parking free?

November 27, 2015, 9:32 AM

What is going on here?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive