Ticket price increase coming to Disneyland /Disney theme parks soon?

November 21, 2015, 11:36 PM

I remember reading in mid- to late October that a ticket price increase was coming very soon to the Disneyland parks, within a few weeks of the announcement of price increases to Annual Passes.

It's now the last third of November, with the holiday promotions already underway, and we haven't seen a price increase announced yet.

Is something still coming before the end of the year? Or will the price increase take place early in January? If memory serves me, recent price increases have taken place right after January 1st.

Also, if a price increase is coming in early 2016, do you think another round of Annual Pass is coming as well?

Replies (2)

November 22, 2015, 7:46 AM

Perhaps Disney is working on the parameters of Surge Pricing if they're ready to go that route this soon. In the past they've announced their increases around late winter and late spring.

Edited: November 22, 2015, 12:08 PM

At this point, I think a price change is unlikely this year. I haven't heard anything since the rumors that came out when the AP system was modified, but as Season of the Force and all the holiday attractions are in full swing it doesn't make sense to do anything now. It also wouldn't make sense to raise prices right as numerous attractions are going down for extended refurbishment. At the moment, my guess is that the next price change will likely occur in May just before the new DCA attractions open and will be a move to a tiered system instead of a straight price increase. As far as AP prices go, they may or may not be raised (I'd lean toward the former) at that time, but it's probably a safe bet they won't go up before then. Disneyland had two price increases in 2015 and fans are not happy, so I doubt they'll risk more upset by raising them a third time within a 12 month window.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive