Global Disney

November 22, 2015, 5:42 AM

Disney is a global name. A name that resonates in the hearts of people from around the world. There are theme parks internationally across the globe. From France, to Japan, China, and the United States. Disney is always looking to expand globally.

Which cities/countries would you like to see Disney open a theme park next? I think a Disney park in either Barcelona, or Rome would work well. Since there are is only one Disney resort in Europe (France), another Disney park in Europe would be a nice addition.

Replies (10)

November 22, 2015, 7:51 AM

Last time they tried to open a Disney Park in Europe, it was a fiasco and the resort is still struggling.

I don't think they'll try it again.

If Disney would open a new resort, it would likely be in a economically powerful land, like Dubai or South Korea.

November 22, 2015, 8:30 AM

Last time they tried to open a DisneyQuest in Philadelphia, they dug a hole, and nothing ever happened. Now it's a parking lot that I pass every day. http://nyti.ms/1N1VhmB. When they tried to open a DisneyQuest in Chicago, it was only open for two years. http://nyti.ms/1YnHxuu.

Edited: November 22, 2015, 8:33 AM

Screen Shot 2015 11 22 at 10 32 42 AM
http://www.disneyhole.org/thehole.html

December 13, 2015, 8:54 PM

Barcelona passed on what became Disneyland Paris because they had the Olympics. I wish they hadn't because Barcelona's weather and transportation hub would have been more ideal for the parks that Disney were comfortable building at the time.

December 14, 2015, 10:49 PM

I'd love to see another Disney in Europe and one in Australia. Same for Universal.

December 14, 2015, 11:00 PM

I would like to see another Disney park in Europe (Barcelona would be nice, as Anthony said). However, not Australia. It's just too far away from everything.

December 14, 2015, 11:12 PM

I could see one in Brazil maybe. Or South Africa.

Edited: December 15, 2015, 11:50 AM

I would like to see Disney focus on their existing properties before they develop another resort. Of the five existing Disney resorts, three are in need of significant investment. Besides, with the existing resorts they've got pretty much all of the key markets covered. If another Disney resort were to be built, I think South America (most likely Brazil) is probably the best bet, but given the performance of their past couple resort ventures (Paris and Hong Kong) as well as the uncertainty of Shanghai (the park looks outstanding but it's unknown how well the Chinese will take to the park), I wouldn't be surprised if Disney holds off on another new resort project for a long time.

December 15, 2015, 12:52 PM

Tyler, are you implying that Europe is not “economically powerful”???

European Union is the biggest market in the World, hundreds times bigger than Korea and thousands times bigger than Dubai. They had cultural and financial issues that are, obviously, not related to the size of their economy.

Currently there is not enough tourism flow in Dubai to justify a big theme park as Disney. Since they have money they are building some hopping that “if you build they will come…”

Korea could be a nice place in the future, but it is to near to Tokyo and Shanghai, so it is not a priority.

Unfortunately for me, Brazil has a very bad track record for theme parks, so I don’t think that Disney would take that risk.

I agree with Hummel, Disney will hold off on another new resort project for a long time.

December 15, 2015, 1:49 PM

here here AJ Hummel, Disney would be better served by investing int he existing parks.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive