Help us decide where to go on 2016!

Edited: November 22, 2015, 5:29 PM

Other than Disney-Universal, Texas, and New Orleans; We haven't seen much of the U.S.A. I´m mostly about parks but my other party member wants to split time between parks and tourism.

Been thinking that maybe we should go in the summer to somewhere that would be cold for me the rest of the year. Maybe San Francisco, Chicago, or New York.

Pros about San Francisco: We would get to go to SF Discovery Kingdom for the first time and ride the Joker´s new coaster. Also, we could go by bus to SoCal and go to Wizarding West, Fast & Furious Overcharged, and Disney's diamond celebration.

Pros about Chicago: We get to visit SF Great America for the first time. We already got to ride Justice League at Over Texas but we wouldn't mind riding it again.

Pros about New York: We could get on a bus and go to SF Great Adventure for the first time.

Desicions, desicions. We need suggestions please.

On a completely unrelated topic: I'm Courious about whats going on at USJ with BTTF: The Ride. Is it traveling "back" in time now or did they change the date to 20xx?

Replies (7)

November 22, 2015, 5:03 PM

I would highly recommend San Diego. It has plenty to do for tourism, and as for theme parks, you have the amazing San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld and Aquatica. You can also take a train to Anaheim

Edited: November 22, 2015, 5:18 PM

Born and raised in New York, there is so much to do here. There's nothing like New York City. I've traveled all around the U.S., overseas, and my favorite place is still New York.

You can go to the Central Park Zoo, 5th Avenue (huge Disney Store). You can also catch some ball games, depending on the time of year you go, some examples include; Mets, Yankees, Knicks, etc.
There is top of the rock in Rockefeller Center, the ice skating rink there as well. You can also go to the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.

I'm from Long Island, which has a lot to offer as well. We have great beaches - Jones Beach, Long Beach, Montauk, etc. You can also travel upstate to Niagara Falls, which is amazing! There is also Six Flags, which is in New Jersey, but not far from the city.

I hope this helps, enjoy whatever trip you decide on!

Edited: November 22, 2015, 5:50 PM

From the cities you listed and your trip goals, I'd probably rank them as 1. New York, 2. San Francisco, and 3. Chicago. As far as the cities go, Chicago is my favorite of the three, but for amusement parks it would be the worst option. New York is the best of the three for amusement parks and is also a pretty good city. I'm not as big of fan of San Francisco and the parks there are smaller, but it's not a bad option. However, I'd recommend leaving SoCal for a separate trip unless you've got more than a week, and there really isn't much reason to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in California if you've been to the Florida version. Though I haven't visited the city yet, another good option you didn't list would be Philadelphia. From here, you could make visits to a lot of different parks.

What would be best is dependent on how much time you have. If you've got a good amount of time (say around 10 days), I'd suggest starting in Philadelphia and making visits to Hersheypark, Knoebels, and Dorney Park (this one is optional), along with 2-3 city days, then moving to New York and making visits to Six Flags Great Adventure and Coney Island along with 3-4 city days. If you've got less time (especially if you've got 5 days or less), I'd do either New York with Six Flags Great Adventure and Coney Island or San Francisco with Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and/or California's Great America.

November 23, 2015, 7:50 AM

Philadelphia! My home town. Better than NY (cleaner, cheaper, less crowded), plus we got Great Adventure, Dorney, Hershey and Knoebels, the world's cheapest/awesomest amusement park. If you need any info on it let me know.

November 23, 2015, 9:37 AM

San Francisco is cold in the summer, maybe even colder than in the winter.

November 24, 2015, 1:40 AM

There are more pros with San Francisco based on what you wrote so I think that's a great choice.

November 24, 2015, 9:56 AM

How about Lovely Newark NJ.. It is a lovely place to visit... So much to Dodge oops I mean do.
--------------------------------------

All three are great places to visit. Put all three in a Hat and pick one. And Thanks for visiting the USA....

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive