Which current international Disney rides would like to see at Disneyland?

November 24, 2015, 5:57 PM

Disneyland has some amazing rides. Disneyland's version of the Pirates of the Caribbean is far superior to all the other versions. Radiator Springs, at California Adventure, is another favorite of mine. Indiana Jones Adventure is still very good, and nothing beats Disneyland's It's A Small World, it is by far the best version of the ride anywhere in the world.

There are some rides, however, I would like to see Disneyland insert into their parks, that are already in other Disney parks around the globe. Here are some rides I would like to see Disneyland add some day:

1. Journey to the Center of the Earth (Tokyo Disney Sea). The ride is incredible! There's not much else to say about it. Where they would put it, i'm not too sure, but I would like the ride to come to Disneyland some day.

2. Pooh's Hunny Hunt (Tokyo Disneyland). The trackless ride is the best Pooh ride in the world. I would like to see Disneyland replace their current Pooh attraction with this one.

3. Ratatouille: The Adventure (Walt Disney Studios Park). I would like to see this ride at Disneyland as well. It's a great ride, which is also trackless, and 3-D. This ride would most likely be placed in California Adventure, or possibly in Fantasyland at Disneyland Park.

4. Mystic Manor (Hong Kong Disneyland). Another tackless ride, I would love to see this ride in Disneyland too. In my opinion, it's one of the best rides in the world. Mystic Manor would fit nicely in between New Orleans Square and Adventureland in Disneyland Park.

5. Phantom Manor (Disneyland Paris). This is an honorable mention. I enjoyed Disneyland Paris' version of the Haunted Mansion. However, it's hard to replace the Haunted Mansion, which is a great ride in itself. Too bad they couldn't have both of them, but there is only room for one at Disneyland. And that my friends is the Haunted Mansion.

Replies (6)

Edited: November 25, 2015, 2:24 PM

Ditto all of the above, adding Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), the return of the Country Bear Christmas Special (TDL), plus a whole bunch of restaurants.

November 25, 2015, 4:22 PM

Crush's Coaster would be cool

Edited: November 25, 2015, 5:57 PM

All of them! No, actually that's not entirely true, but there's plenty of international attractions I'd like to see at the Disneyland Resort. To keep this fair, however, I'm going to maintain a couple rules:

1. Attractions must be unique and cannot simply be an alternate version of an existing attraction.
2. Attractions must fit within one of the existing themed areas at the resort.

Okay, given those rules here's my list (along with where I'd put them):

From Tokyo:

1. Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (Adventureland if it could fit, Fantasyland otherwise)
2. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Tomorrowland or Paradise Pier, depending on whether Finding Nemo still exists)
3. Aquatopia (Paradise Pier)
4. StormRider (Tomorrowland)

There's a few others I'd really like to see, but they're either an alternate version (Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek) or don't fit thematically anywhere inside the Disneyland Resort (Journey to the Center of the Earth, though that could be worked into the third park).

From Paris:

1. Crush's Coaster (Paradise Pier)
2. CineMagique (Hollywood Land)
3. Animagique (Hollywood Land)
4. Alice's Curious Labyrinth (Fantasyland)

Phantom Manor would also be great but it's too similar to Haunted Mansion and Ratatouille would be a little too tough to fit in the park thematically.

Hong Kong:

1. Mystic Manor (Fantasyland, though Adventureland could work as well)
2. Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars (Grizzly Peak, since it's too similar to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to work in Critter Country)

November 26, 2015, 7:49 AM

I forgot about Sinbad's Storybook Voyage and Crush's Coaster, they would also be great!

November 27, 2015, 9:25 AM

Heck yeah to Alice's Curious Labyrith and Crush Coaster!

December 6, 2015, 8:19 PM

Disneyworld:

1. disney's hollywood studio version of tower of terror
2. Seven dwarfs mine train

Disneyland Paris:

1. Crushes coaster
2. The dragon lair under the castle
3. Their castle

Tokyo disneyland:

1. Monsters inc ride and go seek
2. Poohs honey hunt

Tokyo disney sea:

1. 20,000 leagues under he sea
2. Aquatopia
3. Sinbads storybook voyage
4. Journey to the center of the earth

Hong Kong disneyland:

1. The finale of their jungle cruise
2. Mystic manor

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive