Star Wars Spoiler Policy

December 14, 2015, 7:59 AM

Please! No Star Wars spoilers on this site. I'm not doing this for me (got my tickets for 12/17/15 at 7pm), I'm doing this for everyone else.
Thank you!

Replies (31)

December 14, 2015, 11:14 AM

Everyone dies and Kylo Ren rules the galaxy with BB-8 by his side.

December 14, 2015, 11:43 AM

Sorry, if you don't want spoilers, you should not visit any sites that have the words Star Wars. You click on it at your own risk. Frankly, spoilers would be wonderful. The plot points on Star Wars are plodding. If you expect an "I'm your father" in any sequels, you'll be disappointed.

December 14, 2015, 12:18 PM

Dumbledoor dies, I am your father, Bruce Willace has been dead the whole time, and the old women throws the jewl off the side of the boat.

December 15, 2015, 3:38 AM

I'm putting money on the gang sitting down to enjoy a refreshing frozen apple juice based drink at least once.

December 15, 2015, 11:01 AM

Spock makes a special guest appearance.

December 15, 2015, 1:47 PM

Please let this movie be good!

December 18, 2015, 6:19 AM

Bob....IT WAS SO GOOD

December 18, 2015, 6:19 AM

Bob....IT WAS SO GOOD

December 18, 2015, 11:17 AM

My friend's teacher spoiled the movie so hard for the entire class that it caused one kid to cry. And then someone told me what she told her class and now I am depressed. Anyways, PLEASE do not spoiler the movie because it will break the hearts of many.

Edited: December 19, 2015, 11:13 AM

Not sure this comment is a spoiler or not, but SW7 is making a lot of money. ;)

I am reading that even if the Saturday drop off is huge (which it probably won't be) it is still on track to make $230m in its first weekend, blowing the doors off the record set by the lamentable Jurassic World earlier this year, and restoring balance to the box office galaxy.

Box office records broken so far (courtesy Box Office Mojo):

Largest Thursday Previews: $57 million
Previous Record: $43.5 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)

Largest Friday, Opening Day, Single Day: $120.5 million
Previous Record: $91 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)

December Single Day: $120.5 million
Previous Record: $37.13 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)

Widest December Opening: 4,134 theaters
Previous Record: 4,045 theaters (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)

December Opening Weekend: $120.5 million...and counting
Previous Record: $84.62 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)

Fastest to $100 Million: 1 Day
Previous Record: 2 Days (Jurassic World)

More to come....

PS I liked the film, and it is a good start to this new series, but it wasn't perfect - in fact there were a couple story choices I just did not like - one moment in particular simply should not have happened. But all in all it was the most fun I've had at a Star Wars film since 1977.

December 19, 2015, 11:47 AM

The comparison to Harry Potter when it comes to Thursday night previews is a bit of a stretch considering that at the time the former was released, previews were limited to midnight showings, but the rest looks good, especially for a release so close to the holidays. I'm sure Disney and Lucasfilm are celebrating with Blue Milk and champagne glasses.

Like James, I too enjoyed the film greatly and thought it was good fun, but like Jurassic World and Terminator: Genisys, had plot points that seemed pretty recycled from earlier entries. However, unlike those two, this one managed to at least go in a couple of new directions and I hope Episodes VIII and IX will do so as well (Rian Johnson is in charge of VIII and has a great track record of creating stories that really dive deep into characters that can inflict pain).

December 19, 2015, 3:49 PM

Someone dies

December 20, 2015, 5:28 AM

@disneyversal
Too much info for people who haven't seen it.

December 20, 2015, 7:55 PM

...Because no one ever died in Star Wars movie before.

December 21, 2015, 6:47 AM

Bradley just saw it yesterday, you are dead on, it was very good!

December 21, 2015, 7:39 AM

Good Movie - We saw it Thursday night - Stood in line for 1.5 hours..... Hundreds of folks in line also...

SO many folks had several gasp out loud moments.....

Good movie but story was a bit weak....
BB - 8 steals the show...

December 21, 2015, 10:07 AM

I agree- the story is a bit weak. I say it's the third best movie.

December 21, 2015, 12:50 PM

I saw this film on Thursday night, and was going to rewatch it over the weekend but other things got in the way (I'll still go see it again at some point). Overall, I thought it was a very good movie (8.5/10). The story was questionable at points and there are one or two things they did that I wasn't a fan of, but other than that everything was great. I have seen a lot of complaints about the film, but I'm convinced this is due to the way that Disney marketed/hyped the movie. If they hadn't kept such a high level of secrecy, I don't think there would be nearly as much disappointment when the film turned out to not be a total game changer.

For anyone who hasn't seen it and wants spoilers, I will tell you that Luke (censored), the First Order (censored), there is a (censored), Leia and Han (censored), Poe is (censored) and Finn (censored), Rey (censored), and Han (censored). Oops, looks like Disney's anti-spoiler filter is still on, so I guess you'll just need to see the movie yourself.

Edited: December 21, 2015, 5:02 PM

Thanks to Boxofficemojo.com, here is a complete list of the records broken by SW7:

Largest Thursday Previews: $57 million
Previous Record: $43.5 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)

Largest Friday, Opening Day, Single Day: $119.1 million
Previous Record: $91 million (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2)

Largest Sunday: $60.5 million
Previous Record: $57.2 million (Jurassic World)

December Single Day: $119.1 million
Previous Record: $37.13 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)

December Opening Weekend: $247.9 million
Previous Record: $84.62 million (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)

Domestic Opening Weekend: $247.9 million
Previous Record: $208.8 million (Jurassic World)

Worldwide Opening Weekend: $529 million
Previous Record: $524.9 million (Jurassic World)

Top Opening Weekend for PG-13 Rated Film: $247.9 million
Previous Record: $208.8 million (Jurassic World)

Top Holiday Opening Weekend: $247.9 million
Previous Record: $158 million (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire)

Biggest Weekend Overall (Top 12 Gross): $305.5 million
Previous Record: $266 million (June 12-14, 2015)

Biggest December Weekend (Top 12 Gross): $305.5 million
Previous Record: $259.9 million (Dec 25-27, 2009)

Fastest to $100 Million: 1 Day
Previous Record: 2 Days (Jurassic World)

Widest December Opening: 4,134 theaters
Previous Record: 4,045 theaters (The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey)

Highest Per Theater Average (Wide Opening): $59,982 / 4,134 theaters
Previous Record: $48,855 / 4,274 theaters (Jurassic World)

Global IMAX Opening Record: $48 million
Previous Record: $44.1 million (Jurassic World)

Domestic IMAX Opening Record: $30.1 million
Previous Record: $20.9 million (Jurassic World)

Jurassic World did hold on to the Biggest Saturday record ($69.6m), and the top international opening weekend record ($316.1m - including $99m from China where Star Wars has not yet opened) but that's it.

Now SW7 faces it sights on other top daily records (like Spider-Man 2's 27.4m Monday), as well as the fastest to $300m and so on. And then there are the big records like joining Avatar and Titanic as the only movies to make over $2B worldwide, and Avatar's seemingly insurmountable domestic record of $760.5m (analysts are predicting SW7 will have a domestic bow of anywhere from $565m to $830m).

Suffice it to say, Disney made a pretty smart investment in Star Wars - and now they can just milk the cash cow for... well... for as long as they keep up the good work.

Too bad the Star Wars Lands weren't planned and built already! Can you imagine the crossover in the theaters and the crowds that would be booking trips after this past weekend? Yikes! Disney could have had travel planners on site booking guests as they left the movie!

As if the parks weren't crowded enough already.... Star Wars is too big to be contained. This franchise really should have been given a 5th gate at WDW and a 3rd gate at DLR. Oh well..

I wonder if Disney is finally fast tracking some construction?

December 22, 2015, 7:33 AM

Thanks James - good info here... I also use that site for movie's.

Disney Fast-track construction - hahahahah...
Nice oxymoron.. Always keep them laughing, right.

Have a great holiday...!

Edited: December 22, 2015, 10:12 AM

Another record claimed: Star Wars The Force Awakens remained ultra hot on Monday with $40.1M domestic, the biggest Monday in the history of ever (previous record holder was Spider-Man 2 with $27.5M). This Disney hit will smash through the $300M mark later today in just 5.5days, breaking another record.

And the money keeps rolling in....

December 22, 2015, 8:35 AM

I am going to write a small article called If Disney only had a brain or Disney not seeing the Forrest through the trees or some other title - this will have some ideas of Star Wars and the future... What they should do.. But of course, won't..

December 22, 2015, 12:31 PM

"Move, ball!"

December 23, 2015, 11:02 AM

Add another record to the list: SWTFA earned $37.3m domestic on Tuesday, the best Tuesday box office in the history of ever (beating the $35m record set by the Amazing Spider Man). So far SWTFA has earned $325.4M domestic, $364m international, for a total of $689.4m worldwide in just 5.5 days. Analysts are predicting it could make over $500M domestic in just nine days, beating the pants off Jurassic World's current record of 17 days. The Force is undeniably strong with this film....

December 23, 2015, 4:52 PM

Many, many people are seeing it a second time. It's great in 3D!

December 24, 2015, 6:38 AM

My opinion Empire>New Hope>Force Awakens>Jedi>>>>>Revenge of the Sith>>>>>>>Phantom Menace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Attack of the Clones

Edited: December 24, 2015, 7:05 AM

Also, thanks someone from Parkscope looking at this thread. Just a guess.

December 24, 2015, 10:48 AM

The Wednesday numbers are in and SWTFA had a domestic take of $38.1M leading to a $363.5M cume. International take was 38.4M for a $402.4M cume. Global total is $765.9M. Experts are predicting it will break through $1B on Saturday.

SPOILER WARNING....

Star Wars The Force Awakens is a BIG HIT!

December 24, 2015, 3:14 PM

There has to be some point when it is OK to reveal spoilers. Dicussing the locations and characters of the film plays a role in posts related to "Star Wars Land" and other Star Wars related attractions. Would anyone be opposed to start revealing spoilers starting January 1st?

December 25, 2015, 6:20 AM

@Juan Hamilton
I would have said them on TPI as soon as I got out of the theater on the 17th but I thought about people who live on the west coast and people who wouldn't be seeing the movie soon.

December 25, 2015, 11:42 AM

I usually follow the two weekend rule when it comes to movie spoilers: After a movie's second weekend of release, it is safe to discuss it openly. The idea behind this is that most people who care enough about the movie to actively avoid spoilers will have seen it by that time. By that point, so many people have seen it that anyone who hasn't needs to either be vigilant about avoiding spoilers or accept that they will probably see them. I would still post a warning about a major plot twist or the ending for about a month, but everything else is fair game.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive