Best way to buy tickets/get to DLP?

December 28, 2015, 2:51 PM

My family and I are currently trying to figure out the cheapest way to buy tickets to Disneyland Paris (Park hopper). The day we are going one requires a "super magic ticket". Does anyone who has experience buying tickets to DLP know the least expensive way to purchase tickets?

Replies (10)

December 28, 2015, 8:40 PM

If you are in the US, given the current exchange rate with the euro, I believe you can get a better deal buying the tickets in euros when you get to France than buying in dollars from the US version of the DLP website. I will defer to readers in Europe to tell us the best place to buy the tickets off-site while in France.

December 28, 2015, 10:34 PM

When I visited, they were running a special deal and I just purchased my tickets through the website. I would suggest looking at both the US and French websites and decide where the best place to purchase tickets is.

As for transportation, if you are staying in Paris I'd suggest taking the RER line A to the park. It takes about 45 minutes from the center of the city, but it is really easy to use and drops you off right outside the security checkpoint for the parks. You can consult timetables to find approximate transit time from your location, and get to the parks early (30 minutes before opening minimum, 45 minutes if you can).

December 29, 2015, 12:05 AM

In response to Robert's comment, I am currently in Paris. Also, I was told that if I were to purchase my tickets online that I could simply show my phone at the gate instead of printing out a ticket. Does anyone know if I can do this?

December 29, 2015, 7:29 AM

I think attractiontix is probably the cheapest at the moment. But on one-day tickets, there's rarely much difference from site to site. (Except Disney's own, which is about €10 more.)

DLP has self-service machines at the park entrances, at which you simply scan the barcode from the e-ticket you'll have been sent if you choose that option. Although I've not used them, I think you're correct in saying your phone will do the job rather than a print out.

That said, the third-party websites operate different methods of distribution. Some will try to post you hard tickets, some will send you the regular e-tickets, and some will send you vouchers that you'll have to show to an actual human being at the gate. As we're coming into serious peak season - this weekend will be particular intense as Friday is a bank holiday in France - that's going to be one heck of a queue. So if you go that route, do get there way ahead of opening! (Particularly if you're making a beeline for Crush's Coaster...)

You'll also find lots of places around the city (tourist information booths, hotels and the like) that sell hard tickets. They'll be the standard gate price, but you might consider that worth it to save yourself the hassle of exchanging vouchers on the day of your visit.

I hope you have a great day. Crowds aside, it's a lovely time of year to see the parks. And apparently the refurbished "it's a small world" is a real treat.

December 29, 2015, 9:32 AM

Ben, I checked out the site and I found tickets a little over 10 euros cheaper than the Disneyland Paris website! However, do you know if I have to be a British Isles resident to use the site? When I put in my billing address, the only countries it gives me for my address country is UK and Ireland.

Also, sorry for sounding like a newbie to the theme park world, but what is a voucher? I know that I have heard of it befoee and I have probably used one before, but I can't remember for some reason.

December 29, 2015, 2:38 PM

OK so I just attempted to buy tickets on the French DLP website but they won't let me buy tickets because I am American. Does anyone know where you can buy Super Magic Park Hopper tickets to DLP under $100 that lets us pay in dollars (or let's us be American). A quick response would be amazing as I need to act quick.

December 29, 2015, 2:40 PM

Or does anyone know the gate price?

December 29, 2015, 2:52 PM

You need to use the US site in order to pay in dollars. Online tickets also must be purchased a minimum of 24 hours before visiting. At this point, it may be better to just go as early as possible and buy a ticket at the park. I think it is around 90 euros at the park but I am having difficulty finding at park prices.

December 29, 2015, 2:57 PM

OK Thank you AJ!

December 30, 2015, 6:49 AM

If you're buying standard tickets, I'd recommend picking them up from one of the licensed shops around Paris. (There's quite a few - tourist info offices, travel agents etc should all stock them.) It'll save you queueing at the gate.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive