Park Wars

Edited: January 2, 2016, 1:04 PM

No fanboy-ing here now, but I would like ti poll everyone, as I am curious to hear thoughts.

Which parks do you prefer right now?

Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando Resort?

Disneyland Resort or Universal Hollywood?

Tokyo Disney Resort or Universal Osaka?

Replies (16)

January 1, 2016, 8:45 PM

Are we talking about just the parks? Or the hotels, downtown districts, etc. I've only been to WDW, DL and USO but I will say I prefer Disney world over Uni. Orlando.

January 2, 2016, 1:02 PM

The entire resorts.

January 2, 2016, 5:54 PM

UOR over WDW
Haven't been to any of the other parks (I'm more of an iron park guy)

January 2, 2016, 8:25 PM

Jaiden, I was just wondering if you want your picture to be sideways. It's a little bit disorienting :+)

January 2, 2016, 8:37 PM

Also might want to change the number from 42 to 12.

January 3, 2016, 12:13 PM

WDW
DLR
TDR

Edited: January 3, 2016, 1:05 PM

WDW is easily the greatest resort in the world. Just look at its sheer size with 4 amusement parks, 2 water parks, an abandoned island, an abandoned water park, golf courses, a downtown shopping districts, numerous hotels, which encompasses over 30,000 acres of land.

DLR is easily the second greatest resort I have ever been to. There's two amazing amusement parks, 3 hotels, and a downtown shopping district all within walking distance from each other. Easily better than USH.

Although I've never been to Tokyo, one of my best friends has, and she said that TDR easily beat Universal Osaka.

January 3, 2016, 1:48 PM

Disneyobsession, I'm not saying you're wrong, or that you should think differently than you do, but you do live up to your name. You might sometime consider the concept that bigger is not always better. Just something to think about sometime.

January 3, 2016, 2:29 PM

@James Koehl
@disneyversal
No it is a 42 (Hitchhikers guide reference) and I don't know why it's sideways. I'll fix that when I get back to my computer.

January 3, 2016, 2:56 PM

It was a joke that you don't look 42

January 3, 2016, 2:58 PM

Just got back from USJ and TDR trip and I have to say, Universal Osaka was better in my opinion.

January 3, 2016, 4:33 PM

Disneyversal:

Just curious - how?

January 3, 2016, 6:20 PM

I can only compare DLR and USH, and DLR is superior. However the match-up is a bit unfair in my opinion, as DLR has TWO parks opposed to USH's single park.

In my opinion a more fair match-up which is rarely made is UOR vs DLR or DCA vs USH. I can't comment on the UOR vs DLR match-up as I have not visited UOR, but I would say DCA is superior to USH due to DCA's better theming, but I would not be surprised if my opinion changes once Harry Potter opens.

January 4, 2016, 10:14 AM

^even with Harry Potter opening, DLR still CRUSHES USH. UOR has the real Harry Potter, with Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade.

January 4, 2016, 12:25 PM

To dlrwdwkd, I was saying USH could be superior to DCA, not DLR.

January 23, 2016, 7:59 AM

Disney all the way down the line!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive