All of The Disney Resorts - Which is Your Favorite?

January 3, 2016, 4:45 PM

So, let's take Universal out of the debate and instead do this:
Which is your favorite of the Disney resorts around the world?

Disneyland Resort

Walt Disney World Resort

Tokyo Disney Resort

Disneyland Paris Resort

Hong Kong Disneyland

Replies (5)

January 3, 2016, 5:36 PM

I have been to WDW, DLR and DLP, and I would would rank them...

1. WDW- Probably the best theme park resort ever. Everything about this park is very magical. The rides, theming, and food are all fantastic.
2. DLR- My home park! DLR is very good as it has solid theming and a very large number of attractions. Although it is not as magical as WDW, it is still one of the best theme park resorts in the world.
3. DLP- This park is pretty solid. It is obviously inferior to WDW and DLR, as it has a far fewer amount of e-ticket rides (no EMV ride, no Test Track ride, no Splash Mountain, less family centered coasters, no river rapids ride, no Soarin, ect.). The park is still a great one though, but I consider it in a different tier then WDW and DLR.

January 4, 2016, 10:18 AM

1. DLR

2. TDR

3. WDW

4. DLP

5. HKDL

Edited: January 5, 2016, 4:14 PM

I've only been to DLR, WDW, and DLP so I'm only going to rate these.

1. WDW- honestly there's probably nowhere in the world that can top WDW. It's truly magical and you can literally occupy yourself with something new to do for at least a whole week. Plus, the resort itself is beautiful. There's multiple lakes surrounding it and the parks are very spread out. Easily the most magical place on earth.

2. DLR- Although much smaller than WDW, it's still the happiest place on earth. Honestly out of all the amusement parks I've ever been to, Disneyland is my absolute favorite. The park just feels more magical and warm than the Magic Kingdom. Plus there's a really upbeat vibe here. Also, DCA is probably my 4th favorite Disney park. IMO DCA easily beats out DHS, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. Other things that make DLR amazing: you can explore the entire resort by foot, you can easily occupy yourself with something new to do for at least 4 days, and it's in the heart of SoCal. I just hope that somewhere in the near future, they decide to build their third gate on the Toy Story lot.

3. DLP- Although the resort has seen its better days, it's still an excellent resort. However, when I visited, for some reason I only felt the magic in DL, not Walt Disney Studios. Plus, for some reason, the whole resort just didn't feel nearly as magical and happy as DLR or WDW. However, it's still a great resort.

January 8, 2016, 6:19 AM

WDW, because there's just so much to do. I never get bored there.

January 9, 2016, 12:26 PM

I have only been to WDW and DLR so with that said:

Favorite Resort : WDW - It is just unlike any other place in the world. The whole place is huge and really makes you feel like you´re in a magic kingdom because it is far from the city. Having 4 theme parks and 2 water parks makes it a better resort to spend an entire week compared to the other ones.

As with the Disneyland Resort, although not as good as WDW, it is still my favorite place to visit because of Disneyland. Being the original Disney park it just has that unique feel that the Magic Kingdom lacks. It feels cozy and huggable and the fact that it is home to a lot of history makes me like it even more. So even though WDW is a superior resort, Disneyland is still my favorite theme park to visit.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive