video) Universal Studios Cool Japan. Featuring Attack on Titan, Monster Hunter, Evangelion, Biohazar

January 20, 2016, 5:10 AM

For the last two years, Universal Studios Japan have been putting on a special event that last for five months called Cool Japan. Since the majority of visitors to the park are locals there is not much interest or need to return all the time. But USJ as its referred to in Osaka, puts out pretty decent special events that are large enough to attract large numbers. This year the event features areas dedicated to the anime's Evangelion and Attack on Titan, both have 4-D shows. They have an upgrade attraction for Bioharzard aka Resident Evil called Bioharzard: the escape 2 which is an escape room attraction featuring characters from Bioharzard. There are giant animatronics of monsters from the game Monster Hunter. And they rethemed space fantasy into a virtual reality enhanced roller coaster, featuring a J-Pop a star. It's absolute insanity! Please check out this video I just shot from Cool Japan!

Replies (5)

January 20, 2016, 12:57 PM

I saw it, but I didn't really approach it. I was too concentrated on attempting to go on all the rides in a day and a half

January 21, 2016, 1:47 AM

Oh man there was a lot to see. I actually got on the roller coaster with in about fourty minutes by using single riders. Also there was no wait to see the monster hunter stuff!

January 21, 2016, 9:32 AM

I went on a super busy day. I took a picture with the Attack on Titans statue though so does that count?

January 23, 2016, 4:26 PM

If you were there on saturday the 16th I was there too.

January 23, 2016, 6:56 PM

All I saw were the Attack on Titans statues. I thought that was there because of Universal Cool Japan. Nvm I wasn't there during the event then. I was there December 19-20th. I thought it was funny that I din't see everything in the video.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive