Harrison Ford to Unveil Disney Theme Park Attractions on Disney TV Special

January 29, 2016, 3:53 AM

Entertainment Weekly: "Harrison Ford will be unveiling some of the plans for upcoming Star Wars attractions at Disneyland and Walt Disney World in a TV special set to air Feb. 21.

The Wonderful World of Disney special, which will be broadcast on Disney-owned ABC, will celebrate the 60-year legacy of the Disneyland theme park with participants including Elton John, Josh Gad, and Witney Carson.

Fans who attended Disney’s D23 fan expo last August got a sneak preview of the 14-acre Star Wars additions planned for the parks in Anaheim, California and Orlando, Florida.

Replies (6)

January 29, 2016, 10:18 AM

Drip drip drip. They aren't going to tell you anything. You won't know more of what you already know.

January 29, 2016, 10:18 AM

I wonder if what Ford "reveals" just will be what we heard already at D23 last August, or if we actually will get something new (for fans) here.

That said, still gonna watch!

January 29, 2016, 11:10 AM

Has Ford ever been to a Disney park, much less an event for them? This is huge, no doubt about it. I just hope Disney didn't blow the budget getting a guy who will pretty much say what we already know.

Edited: January 29, 2016, 11:33 AM

Star Wars probably the only thing worth watching. The rest of the show will be no better than the Disney Holiday parade and celebration dud. I will record this show and fast forward thru the junk except for Elton John. Don't know Josh Gad and Witney Carson.

January 30, 2016, 10:17 AM

You drop by TPI ... Toss up a post letting people know something is gonna be on TV ... And the Disney bashing begins.

(Sigh)

January 30, 2016, 12:51 PM

From what I've heard, this program will be FAR better than the typical ABC Disney Parks infomercial.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive