Disney Dining Plan Price Increase

March 9, 2016, 11:58 AM

So just saw the 3% increase in Dining Plan Prices and I'm just curious...Does anyone on here choose to use the Dining Plan? When me and my wife priced out eating at each place per day it was almost always cheaper to just pay outright at each meal and not have the Dining Plan.

Just curious.

Replies (3)

March 9, 2016, 12:23 PM

Did you price out the other benefits? Resort mug for the length of the dining plan. Snack credits worth up to $5 a day per person. The Dining Plan is significantly cheaper for kids under 12. If you have more kids, it is more worth it.

I did my own calculation, which determined that I broke even. Since I made plenty of character table service reservations, it wasn't hard to go with the dining plan.

March 10, 2016, 5:01 AM

Anon it was just for my wife and I.

March 10, 2016, 10:21 AM

When I went to florida 2 years back booked through virgin and got the normal dining plan freedom the two weeks, it was really good as it enabled us to have the full meal each day, a snack and a quick service meal which was plenty to keep us going. The resort mug we got was also really good. However although we found out that it was cheaper to get the dining plan than to have to pay for the meals individually each time, it is still quite a lot of money to buy it. This is mainly because there are a lot cheaper restaurants outside of the parks that would give you same quality for cheaper value and it limited us to eat our main meals in the disney complex rather than say universal. Overall, it is a good plan as it does work out cheaper to buy it, especially if you have a steak every night, but it was still expensive in terms of money for food.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive