Fire at Bay Area Six Flags park kills giraffe
A fire at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
this morning killed a giraffe at the Northern California theme park.
An electrical short set hay on fire in the barn after 2 a.m. this morning. Two female giraffes escaped the burning barn, but the male giraffe could not, and was killed, according to a story from the San Francisco Chronicle.
Good Lord Above...
Oh, the poor baby!!! That's terrible. Well, I'm they shudda checked more closely about things w/the electrical stuff. I'm sure it cudda been prevented w/a little extra inspection. The only thing we can do besides fume about it is just hope they'll try to inspect things more closely from now on & it doesn't happen again.
Looks like some people are ready to get the rope and start the hangings before any real facts are gathered. I don't see how anyone can say that there's no way this would have happened under prior management. Unless the new owners dug up the line or circuit breaker and replaced it with a substandard model, it had to be there for years. It's not at all certain that inspection could have determined the part was faulty. How about we let the fire department and others finish investigating before coming down too hard on anyone. Sometimes, an accident is just an accident. And if it's not, there will be plenty of time for the authorities to throw the book at the responsible parties.
I can't blame it completely on the park.
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.