Theme Park Insider

Legoland Windsor evacuated after chemical fire

October 1, 2007, 2:14 PM · About 2,000 visitors to Legoland Windsor in the United Kingdom were evacuated today after toxic chemicals stored in a shed near the park caught fire.

The BBC quoted a fire department spokesperson who reported that 800 liters of chlorine and 800 liters of hydrochloric acid burned. Officials evacuated the park as a precaution against visitors inhaling the fumes.

U.K. environmental officials are investigating.

Replies (0)

This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter

Rate & Review

Walt Disney World

Universal Orlando

Disneyland

Tokyo Disney Resort

Plan Your Vacation

Top Posts

Theme Park Insider Books

Subscribe

© Theme Park Insider®   About · Rules · Privacy · Contact
Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Theme Park Insider T-shirts and Hoodies Email Newsletter