Vote of the week: What was the top theme park story of 2008?
Published: December 25, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Was it Aquatica opening at SeaWorld in Orlando? Hard Rock Park's opening... and closing? The fire that destroyed the King Kong attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood? The death at Six Flags Over Georgia? The InBev takeover at Busch? Or something else?
For what it is worth, here were the most-read articles from the Blog Flume on Theme Park Insider in 2008:
- Aquatica--SeaWorld's Waterpark
- 2007 theme park attendance report released
- Universal Orlando's top chef talks about Mythos, food trends... and Harry Potter
- The Four Hour Tour: Epcot
- The Four Hour Tour: Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
- The Four Hour Tour: Universal Studios Florida
- SeaWorld's Aquatica: A trip report
- The Four Hour Tour: SeaWorld Orlando
- The Four Hour Tour: Universal's Islands of Adventure
- X2 launches at Six Flags Magic Mountain [with video]
As you can see, the most-read articles tend more toward "evergreen" trip-planning pieces than news reports. So let's take this opportunity to pick what you, Theme Park Insider readers, vote as the top theme park story of the year.
I've used my judgment as Theme Park Insider editor to nominate the top 10 stories of the year. Now, it is up to you to vote for number one. (I have left a "none of the above" option if you'd like to nominate another story. If you pick "Other" tell us in the comments which story you'd nominate as the top story of the year.)
Thanks for another great year here on Theme Park Insider, and watch next week for our previews and coverage of the Tournament of Roses Parade, from here in Pasadena, California.