New Year's resolutions for theme park fans
Published: December 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM
And next week, most will take a little more time to break them! :-p
Still, I think the exercise a worthy one, for how it shows us how much of our lives we can control, and improve. Heck, the whole point of Theme Park Insider is to help us plan and have better vacations.
So in that spirit, here are 10 New Year's resolutions for 2009:
- To spend a day at a theme park we've not visited within the past 10 years, or ever.
- To go on at least one old attraction we've never been on at a park we've visited many times.
- To walk an uninterrupted lap around the park at some point on every visit -- not to get anywhere, but just for the sights and the exercise.
- To let the other folks go first when we get to the queue entrance at the same time.
- To start a conversation in a queue with another visitor we don't know.
- To start a conversation with a park employee whom we don't know.
- To give a lost visitor directions.
- To ask for directions when we are lost.
- To go to a park's guest services desk on our way out of the park and compliment the work of a specific park employee.
- After each visit, to post more attraction, restaurant and hotel reviews to ThemeParkInsider.com. ;-)
I used the first person plural ("we") in the hope that maybe you would adopt some of these resolutions for yourself, too.
What else would you add to this list? Please add your New Year's resolution for 2009 (theme park related or not) in the comments.
And have a Happy New Year!