Published: January 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM
I am thinking about getting a Platinum Pass for Cedar Fair (instead of the Gold Pass just for World's of Fun), and making KI a destination for this summer. I do so want to ride this new B&M hyper coaster.
Questions for the experts:
1) Are there enough things at KI for the under 48" crowd to stay busy and have fun? The Nickelodeon section of the park looks pretty sweet, and Don, I know you have talked about KI before in relation to the youngin's, but I need a little verification. Nine hours is a bit of a drive if my 44" daughter can't ride anything but midway spinners, ferris wheels, and carousels.
2) Is Flight of Fear as cool as it seems? A crazy looking coaster in the dark...should be outstanding. Are there special effects in the dark, or just some crappy strobe lights? And, is it really dark, or just dim? I hate to get my hopes up...but I can't deny I do want to ride Flight O Fear.
3) How busy do you think KI will be on the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday following Memorial Day? Are area schools still in session? Is there a better time to go for a sequence of days than late May?
4) Is it best to stay in Cincinnati? Saw a Drury Inn and Suites that looked decent for $100 a night about 11 miles from KI. I think the GW Lodge will be a bit too expensive for this excursion.
5) Anything else I need to know before I start planning a multi-day trip to KI?
And Robert, when you go to USH, please sneak some photos of the House of Horrors. The idea of a year-round haunted house attraction seems very fitting for this park...and very fun. The last time I went to USH was in the early 80's, and I do not remember a haunted house being in the park. I honestly don't remember much about USH except for Jaws.