Introducing Theme Park Insider's Vacation Makeovers
Published: November 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Let your friends in the Theme Park Insider community help.
Today, we're starting a new weekly feature - Theme Park Insider Vacation Makeovers. You send us some information about where you are and when you want to go, and we'll respond with tips, itineraries and reviews that will help you have a better vacation, for less money.
On our summer roadtrip this year
Here's how it will work: E-mail your vacation makeover request to me via themeparkinsider @ gmail.com. Here's what I'll need to know:
- How many of you will be going on the trip and their ages
- Your hometown (where you'll be starting from)
- The maximum amount of time you can spend on the trip, and when you want to go (You don't need to have specific dates.)
- Anything that you must include in the trip (e.g. a visit to Grandma's in Tampa for one night, etc.)
- Your tastes - What you'd like to do on the trip, and what you've liked on trips in the past
- How much you estimate you can spend on the trip
I'll pick one request a week, and enlist some experts to help me devise a great itinerary for your trip that stays within your budget. Then we'll "crowdsource" this, and turn it over to Theme Park Insider readers to offer their suggestions in the comments.
We'll keep it going each week so long as we have requests.
So... are you a family of roller coaster and sports fans who'd like advice on planning a summer roadtrip through the Midwest that allows you to see all the best coasters and ballparks? Or Disney World veterans looking for a less expense alternate to how you'd visited Orlando in the past? Maybe you've got some kids in elementary school and you're looking for a low-cost vacation that blends visits to historic sites with a great theme park or two?
E-mail me your request and we'll get the power of the Theme Park Insider community (with thousands of readers a day, even in this off-season) working to make your 2010 vacation not just possible, but one of the best your family's ever had.
You don't need to be a registered member of Theme Park Insider to participate. And we can keep your name anonymous if you request. So, please, e-mail your makeover requests to themeparkinsider @ gmail.com!