Legoland Florida confirmed
Published: January 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM
E-mails to public officials in Florida are public records, so The Ledger newspaper in Lakeland (just up the road from Cypress Gardens) got a copy:
Helpful Facts: Confidential until Thursday.
1. LEGOLAND Florida will be the fifth LEGOLAND attraction worldwide (CA, Denmark, England, and Germany).
2. Merlin is the second largest attraction company in the world, second only behind Disney.
3. Merlin's massive research in the area already indicated that; the LEGOLAND brand already has high recognition and a 90% intention to visit by families in their target market.
4. LEGOLAND, CA, is the fastest growing theme park in the U.S., realizing an astounding 6% growth in 2009. The park was also recognized by Amusement Today as the country's best theme park for children for the sixth consecutive year.
5. Check out Merlin's website (www.merlinentertainments.biz.) for a broad overview of their operations.
Okay, let's break this down. Will Legoland Florida succeed in a location where so many other park management teams and concepts have failed?
Let's hear your thoughts in the comments.
Update: Reminder to new Theme Park Insider readers that you can visit our Legoland California page to get a feel for what types of attractions might be coming to Legoland Florida.
Update 2, Jan. 21: Live coverage of the press conference, in the comments. Photos to come.