Here's the recipe, in case you want to copy and paste:
4 T olive oil
3/4 c Andouille sausage (1/4" slice)
1/4 c Tasso ham, diced
1 T minced garlic
1/4 c diced onions
1/4 c diced celery
1/8 c diced green pepper
1 c diced chicken breast
1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
2 T tomato puree
1/4 black-eyed peas
2 bay leaves
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t oregano
1 t rosemary
1 t thyme
2 c chicken stock
3/4 c dry white rice
1/2 c bay shrimp
1. Heat oil in a 4-qt saucepan
2. Add the ham and sausage and saute until crisp
3. Add garlic, onion, celery and garlic and cook for 5 min.
4. Add chicken and cook 5-7 min., stirring constantly.
5. Add black-eyed peas, tomato, puree, seasonings, shrimp and rice. Stir thoroughly.
6. Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
7. Cover. Cook until rice is tender (approx. 45 min.)
8. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
My family likes to start with a baguette and some Brie before the spicy Jambalaya, though I have to say I'm partial to flavor overload by going with some roasted garlic on the French bread.Tweet
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
World Top 10 Parks
Theme Park Hotel Ratings