Keep celebrating Mardi Gras with Universal Orlando's Jambalaya recipe
Published: March 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Here's the recipe, in case you want to copy and paste:
4 T olive oil
3/4 c Andouille sausage (1/4" slice)
1/4 c Tasso ham, diced
1 T minced garlic
1/4 c diced onions
1/4 c diced celery
1/8 c diced green pepper
1 c diced chicken breast
1 tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
2 T tomato puree
1/4 black-eyed peas
2 bay leaves
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t oregano
1 t rosemary
1 t thyme
2 c chicken stock
3/4 c dry white rice
1/2 c bay shrimp
1. Heat oil in a 4-qt saucepan
2. Add the ham and sausage and saute until crisp
3. Add garlic, onion, celery and garlic and cook for 5 min.
4. Add chicken and cook 5-7 min., stirring constantly.
5. Add black-eyed peas, tomato, puree, seasonings, shrimp and rice. Stir thoroughly.
6. Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
7. Cover. Cook until rice is tender (approx. 45 min.)
8. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
My family likes to start with a baguette and some Brie before the spicy Jambalaya, though I have to say I'm partial to flavor overload by going with some roasted garlic on the French bread.