Vote of the week: Which new Universal attraction would you most like to see in Orlando?
Published: September 30, 2010 at 10:11 PM
But theme parks are a tough business. What are ya gonna do for us in 2011 and beyond, Universal? ;^)
Universal Orlando might be Universal's most popular theme park resort, but the company has a few major attractions at its others parks around the world which do not appear at either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure. Which of those would you most want to see make its way to Orlando?
That's our vote of the week.
Here are your options, in alphabetical order:
- Battlestar Galactica: Dueling Vekoma roller coasters - one track an inverted coaster, the other a traditional sit-down. Currently under repair at Universal Studios Singapore.
- King Kong 360/3-D: a 90-second 3-D film of a Kong battle on Skull Island, presented on wrap-around screens. Currently playing as part of the Studio Tour at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Madagascar: A Crate Adventure: An indoor boat ride featuring characters from the DreamWorks pictures, taking place within the giant ship from the film. Currently under construction at Universal Studios Singapore.
- Space Fantasy: The Ride: A space-themed, indoor Mack spinning coaster. Currently operating at Universal Studios Japan.
- Transformers: A 3-D motion-simulator dark ride, a la Spider-Man, based on the Michael Bay action movies. Currently under development for Universal Studios Singapore and Universal Studios Hollywood.
I'll leave to you to debate the pros and cons of these attractions, and their desirability in Orlando. (Only two of the five are now operating, for starters.)
Tell us, in the comments, how you break down this decision. And thanks, as always, for reading Theme Park Insider. (I'll be back this weekend with photos from the opening of Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland, so please keep reading!)