This year's new attractions debut schedule takes shape
I wanted to let you know that I'll be heading up to Six Flags Magic Mountain tomorrow for the official opening (reopening?) of the park's newly revamped Superman launch coaster. I'll be posting a full report on Theme Park Insider tomorrow. But in the meantime, the schedule for this year's new attraction debuts is shaping up so I thought I'd list those upcoming premiere dates here. (Note that the list doesn't include the Windseeker rides opening at various Cedar Fair parks across the country.)
- March 16, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Six Flags Magic Mountain
- March 25, Barnstormer, Dollywood
March 26 (? - reported on SeaWorld Parks' blog, but I haven't gotten confirmation yet), Mach Tower, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
(No specific date yet) 22 (updated), One Ocean, SeaWorld Orlando
- April 22, Texas Giant, Six Flags Over Texas
- May 20, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Disney's Hollywood Studios
- May 27, Cheetah Hunt, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay; One Ocean, SeaWorld San Diego
- Memorial Day Weekend, Dare Devil Dive, Six Flags Over Georgia
- June 3, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Disney's California Adventure; Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Disneyland
- October (No specific date yet), Legoland Florida
Still awaiting word on these new attractions:
In most cases, these are media premiere days. Regular park visitors might be able to get on these attractions after the press events, but if you want to be certain to ride or watch, you're better off visiting right at park open the next day.
Update: Busch Gardens Tampa just sent this photo of the final section of track being installed on Cheetah Hunt:
Also, I changed the Mach Tower opening date to TBA, based on reader reports.
Mach Tower is not opening on March 26th...It is slated to open "Late Spring" and there is also no set word on whether or not the new Beer Garden and Hand-made pretzel restaurant will be opening March 26th or along with Mach Tower.
Actually, I don't know where I read it, but I am pretty sure that the Beer Garden and Pretzel Shop will b e open on Pass Holder Preview Day this Saturday.
I saw a picture of what looked like the front of the coaster on another site. Looks cool, a lot better than I thought it would.
Surprised that they're not tying to open Star Tours on May the 4th. ; )
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.