Have you submitted ratings for this year's new theme park attractions?
Published: June 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM
The Theme Park Insider Award for Best New Attraction is open to all theme park rides and shows that opened to the public between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011. The ride or show must be included in a park's regular admission fee and be either a new attraction or a substantial revamp of an existing one. Clones of attractions that debuted before July 1, 2010 are not eligible.
Last year's landslide Best New Attraction winner was Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Below I've listed 15 eligible new attractions. If you've been on any of them, please click to submit your rating for that attraction. Please do not submit ratings for any attractions you've not personally experienced.
When rating attractions, remember that "perfection" should be reserved only for an attraction that is the very best in the industry today, for which there is not better ride or show anywhere. If a ride is average compared with other rides and shows you've experienced this year, then use that rating. Go a little higher for slightly better-than-average rides and shows, and lower for worse-than-average ones.
Here are this year's leading major-park contenders:
- Barnstormer at Dollywood
- Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa
- Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy at Busch Gardens Tampa
- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia
- Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World
- Formula Rossa at Ferrari World
- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure at Disney California Adventure
- Mach Tower at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Madagascar: A Crate Adventurev at Universal Studios Singapore
- One Ocean at SeaWorld Orlando
- One Ocean at SeaWorld San Diego
- Star Tours - The Adventures Continue at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Tours - The Adventures Continue at Disneyland
- Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas
- Turtle Reef at SeaWorld San Diego
If I've missed a major new attraction from the past 12 months, please let me know in the comments and I'll add it to the list.