Orlando/SoCal Theme Park Showdown: It's a Small World vs. It's a Small World
Published: October 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Whoops. Too late.
Disneyland's It's a Small World: Fantasyland
Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom's It's a Small World: Fantasyland
The differences? Do you like your musical boat ride past a world of singing dolls to be in a flume, or a flooded show room? Do you want some Disney characters sprinkled through the Mary Blair-designed show scenes, allowing you to play a "Where's Waldo?"-like game as you try to spot them all? Do you want to wait outside in the Southern California sunshine, looking at an impressive facade with its regular "cuckoo clock" show, or under cover, protected from Florida thunderstorms, while looking at a static interior facade?
Those are your main differences between the original "It's a Small World," which debuted at the 1964 New York World's Fair before relocating to Disneyland, and its Walt Disney World sibling. (Disneyland has the flume, the added Disney characters and the animated outdoor facade.) Feel free to further break down the match-up in the comments.
Other Showdown winners:
- Disneyland's Fantasmic! defeats Walt Disney World's Fantasmic!, 51% - 49%
- SeaWorld Orlando's Journey to Atlantis defeats SeaWorld San Diego's Journey to Atlantis, 84% - 16%
- Walt Disney World's Tower of Terror defeats Disney California Adventure's Tower of Terror, 91% - 9%
- Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain defeats Disneyland's Splash Mountain, 76% - 24%
- Islands of Adventure's Jurassic Park River Adventure defeats Universal Studios Hollywood's Jurassic Park - The Ride, 58% - 42%
- Walt Disney World's Tom Sawyer's Island defeats Disneyland's Pirates Lair at Tom Sawyer's Island, 59% - 41%
- Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean defeats Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean, 75% - 25%
- Walt Disney World's Space Mountain defeats Disneyland's Space Mountain, 52% - 48%
- Universal Studios Florida's Revenge of the Mummy defeats Universal Studios Hollywood's Revenge of the Mummy, 87% - 13%
- Walt Disney World's Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin defeats Disneyland's Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, 56% - 44%
- Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion defeats Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, 58% - 42%