Top 10 reasons why going to a theme park is better than going to a football game
I’ve been thinking. The cost to get into a football game and a theme park are about the same. I love going to both, but which is better? As it turns out, theme parks win in a landslide, and here’s why.
Theme parks are better than football games because:
1. You can wear a Disney shirt to a Universal park and vice versa without getting beer dumped on you or beaten in the parking lot.
2. If you want front row seating you don’t have to pay a higher price for your ticket all you have to do is wait a little longer in line.
3. Disney and Universal aren’t going to pack up and move out of town if the taxpayers don’t fund a new theme park.
4. You can use your season tickets to the theme park more than eight times a year.
5. You don’t have to stand in line to use the bathroom.
6. The pig snouts you will see in a theme park most likely will be on Hay, Sticks, and Bricks or Ham rather than 300 lb men wearing dresses.
7. There are no TV timeouts in theme parks.
8. A roller coaster ride is a great experience and not a season description.
9. Fantasyland is a section of the park instead of a state of mind for all of the wannabe Uncle Ricos sitting in the stands. (Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.)
10. Dumbo is a ride and not the beer-swilling, gas-passing, jumbo-sized person crammed into the seat in front of you.
These are just a few of the thoughts that came to me. Anybody else have any?
This is REALLY funny
I would pick a football game over Disney any day, but a day at Universal or Busch Gardens instead of two to four hours at a football game is my idea of fun.
Football, like all spectator sports, is boring and tedious to watch. There's only about 20 minutes of action in the entire football game. It's much more fun (and healthier) to play sports than to watch. Going to a theme park is a much more active experience than passively watching sports, so theme parks win in a landslide.
Flag on the play means a parade complete with a marching band is coming through.
You can buy a Mickey jersey and be fairly certain he is not going to be traded to 6 Flags or cut.
This was a fun read.
Ha ha ha. Very original, Mr. Hillman. I'll still go to my Florida Gator games, but I'll never look at them the same way again!
Why not offer the opposite? Top 10 reasons why going to a football game is better than a theme park.
Tim said: "5. You don’t have to stand in line to use the bathroom"
Anon, I tailgated at Great Adventure once, there were about 8 of us.
Nice article, Tim.
This is something I don't know if anyone has really brought up..... a football game is basically a one time event during that year. That team (made up of it's current members during that season) will most likely only play the opponents that they play at a particular game once that year. Once for a whole year.
every football game is new, different, it's unscripted theatre and drama. even the best dark rides get old.
I love football but I would never actually go to a game because it is much more pleasant to watch on television: no unruly fans, no traffic, and significantly less chance of getting sick due to freezing temperatures. Also, I like both the Jets and Giants (go Jets this weekend though!), and since they almost always play at different times, I can watch six hours straight on my couch.
beer is still cheaper at HHN, 6 dollars for drought vs 7 dollars for a bud light bottle at Ravens stadium. Not to mention the top-shelf margarita at IOA's Jurassic Park, 7 dollars for three different shots. Mmhhh
Inverse? Cheerleaders over the Princesses.
OK, Anon Mouse, looks like it is throwdown time.
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.