'Walking Dead,' 'Silent Hill,' Alice Cooper highlight Universal Studios Hollywood's 2012 Halloween Horror Nights
Published: September 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM
This year's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood will feature seven mazes:
- The Walking Dead: The Dead Inside, based on AMC's hit zombie series
- Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead, puts you on Universal's famed backlot - where the zombies are coming for you
- Welcome to Silent Hill, based on the video games
- Alice Cooper Goes to Hell 3D, a sequel to last year's Alice Cooper maze
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law, based on the 1974 horror classic
- La Llorona: Cazadora de Ninos (Weeping Woman: The Child Hunter), based on the Latin American folk tale
- Universal Monsters Remix, with the classic monsters in the park's House of Horrors attraction
Visitors also will find four scare zones, including one based on Silent Hill, as well as "Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure."
Murdy talked with me about what he's looking forward to most at this year's event, why Hollywood's version is unique among Halloween events, and how Universal incorporates so many scareactors into the event:
Halloween Horror Nights opens Sept. 21 and runs for 19 nights, wrapping up on Halloween, Oct. 31. Tickets range from $46 for general admission on selected nights, to up to $199 for the "VIP Experience," including valet parking, Front of Line access, lounge access, food and beverage and a guided tour. Tickets are available on Universal's website.