2013's New Year's resolutions for theme park fans
Published: December 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Also on my New Year's resolution list: To get that 21-century jet pack they promised I'd have by now. (The picture is of a float in the 2012 Rose Parade.)
So, please, read on, and repeat after me. :^)
As a theme park fan, in 2013, I resolve to…
- Start every park visit with a smile on my face.
- Smile (silently) at 10 frowning people every day I spend in the parks.
- Offer directions to a lost visitor.
- Not to hesitate to ask a park employee for directions or advice at any point during my visits.
- Remember the name of those park employees, and if their advice helped me, to go to guest services at the end of the day and submit a formal compliment about them.
- Let the other people go first when we both arrive at the attraction entrance at the same time.
- Keep my temper in check when someone cuts in front of me.
- Clear my table and leave immediately after eating, when other diners are looking for a place to sit.
- Say 'thank you' to the park employees whenever I go on and whenever I leave an attraction.
- Say 'thank you' to custodial employees whenever I see them cleaning the park.
- On every visit, go on something I've never been on before, or at least that I haven't been on in five years or more.
- At least once, shamelessly wear a pair of Mouseketeer ears in a Disney theme park, or some other silly hat in another park.
I'd love to hear your resolutions, wishes, hopes and suggestions for 2013, in the comments. Stay safe tonight, and Happy New Year! I'll be Tweeting from the Rose Parade route on New Year's Day, so please follow my updates @themepark as you watch the 124th Rose Parade, live from Theme Park Insider's home town of Pasadena, California! (FYI: Disneyland's Cars Land float is scheduled as number 52 out of 92 units in the parade, so expect it somewhere around noon Eastern time, 9pm Pacific.)