2013's New Year's resolutions for theme park fans
Every year at New Year's, I offer a list of New Year's resolutions for theme park fans. You've already gotten started with several suggestions
, so allow me add my suggested resolutions to our growing list, too.
Also on my New Year's resolution list: To get that 21-century jet pack they promised I'd have by now. (The picture is of a float in the 2012 Rose Parade.)
So, please, read on, and repeat after me. :^)
As a theme park fan, in 2013, I resolve to…
- Start every park visit with a smile on my face.
- Smile (silently) at 10 frowning people every day I spend in the parks.
- Offer directions to a lost visitor.
- Not to hesitate to ask a park employee for directions or advice at any point during my visits.
- Remember the name of those park employees, and if their advice helped me, to go to guest services at the end of the day and submit a formal compliment about them.
- Let the other people go first when we both arrive at the attraction entrance at the same time.
- Keep my temper in check when someone cuts in front of me.
- Clear my table and leave immediately after eating, when other diners are looking for a place to sit.
- Say 'thank you' to the park employees whenever I go on and whenever I leave an attraction.
- Say 'thank you' to custodial employees whenever I see them cleaning the park.
- On every visit, go on something I've never been on before, or at least that I haven't been on in five years or more.
- At least once, shamelessly wear a pair of Mouseketeer ears in a Disney theme park, or some other silly hat in another park.
I'd love to hear your resolutions, wishes, hopes and suggestions for 2013, in the comments. Stay safe tonight, and Happy New Year! I'll be Tweeting from the Rose Parade route on New Year's Day, so please follow my updates @themepark as you watch the 124th Rose Parade, live from Theme Park Insider's home town of Pasadena, California! (FYI: Disneyland's Cars Land float is scheduled as number 52 out of 92 units in the parade, so expect it somewhere around noon Eastern time, 9pm Pacific.)
Happy New Year Robert and TPI'ers!!!
My resolution for 2013 in theme parks is to just go out and enjoy them every time i go
@Kelly, If I may, I heartily suggest you read the Harry Potter novels, then watch the movies. In this case, the books so outclass the movies it is as if they are based on different stories entirely.
Thanks James - I was going for the slightly speedier option. :-)) (I say speedy, I mean lazy)
You know James Rao that is never going to happen , it's a great resolution but there is always going to be stubborn people. Myself being one of them who is going to prefer Universal over Disney and doesn't have any problem voicing on here with humor with just a sprinkle of sarcasm. Just a sprinkle though.
Although that was a nice read, theme park fan resolutions was
My new year’s resolution will be to spend every moment of my life on this site and reading Robert Niles new book that is now on sale…
I resolve to be less rigorous regarding my written presentations at the TPI site.
When you submit a compliment about a employee at Walt Disney World can you please pass on how to do this. We tried at Animal Kingdom at the guest services location and the person behind the counter was not sure what to do, they wrote the employees name down on a piece of paper and that was it. We would love to give credit to a "castmember" who was one of the highlights of our trip to Disney.
^^^^^ The resulting blood and gore might make a good house for next year's Universal Halloween Horror Nights!
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.