Updates on the 2013 Epcot Food & Wine Festival and Spice Road Table construction
Published: October 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I dined at the following stands:
- Greece — Taste of Greece platter (Calamari, Htipiti, Eggplant Dip, Olives, and Pita Bread)
- Canada — Seared Rainbow Trout with Bacon, Frisee, and Maple Vinaigrette
- Ireland — Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie
- France — Escargots Persillade en Brioche
- New Zealand — Steamed Green Lip Mussels with Garlic Butter and Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Japan — California Roll
- Poland — Zapiekanki
- Germany — Schinkennudeln
- South Korea — KImchi Dog with Spicy Mustard Sauce
- China — Silk Ice Cream Ribbon (Mango)
- Argentina — Beef Empanada
Every single dish was enjoyable, and quite filling. I had originally intended to order a dish from each stand, but that plan capitulated soon after beginning my counter-clockwise journey around the Showcase.
Due to the amount of images having been captured, I will include a link to a slideshow that features all of the festival's stands (sans the American Adventure Coffee Cart, due to my camera's battery's passing): Epcot International Food & Wine Festival photo slideshow
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival began September 27th, and ends November 11th.
In addition to the images of the F&W Festival, I also snapped some pictures of an ongoing construction project at Epcot, the Moroccan pavilion's new Spice Road Table restaurant. The restaurant is due to open by the year's end; given the site's current condition, expect some Imagineer activity soon! You can see what I mean by following this link to view a slideshow of the construction site.