The real top 13 reasons not to go to Disney World
Written by Robert Niles
Last month, a painfully unfunny article went viral offering Top 13 Reasons Not to Go to Disney. We thought that you, our Theme Park Insider readers, could do better, and you did. So today, we present our real top 13 reasons not to go to Walt Disney World, with all the snark that such a ridiculous premise deserves.Tweet
And better yet, we present our list as an actual list, instead of making you click through a freakin' slideshow. You're welcome.
The Top 13 Reasons Not to Go to Disney World
1. Nobody can tell you what to do with your hands and arms at all times.
I do what I want.
2. The last time you took a small child firmly by the hand, you ended up with a restraining order.
Oh, it's supposed to be your *own* child?
3. The blatant celebration of the royalty is abhorrent to everything we stand for in America.
Want to see princesses? Go to England.
4. They haven't done anything about their rodent problem.
Seriously, they're HUGE!
5. You have pediophobia (fear of dolls).
And a fear of earworms, too.
6. Because it's not a small world after all. It's actually 7,918 miles wide.
That's pretty big!
7. You'll meet people from all over the world... as well as all their germs and viruses.
How sickly green you do want to be when you get home from vacation?
8. Disney's frozen bananas are inferior imitations of Bluth's Original Frozen Banana.
There's always money in the banana stand.
9. Your local movie theater lets you sit in the middle of the row, without barking at you to slide all the way down.
I got here first. Find your own seat and stay away from me.
10. It turns out that Walt's not really frozen under the castle after all.
They didn't encase him in carbonite, either?
11. You want to see a Yeti that moves.
That one hurts.
12. You are a Marvel Comics character.
Okay, that one *really* hurts.
13. If you don't go, the lines will be one person shorter for the rest of us.
Seriously, get out of our way.
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Previous article: Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort opens at Universal Orlando
What's it like to work at Disney World?
Insider's Pick: Ever wondered what it would be like to work at the Walt Disney World Resort? Stories from a Theme Park Insider offers more than 100 pages of fun, insightful, and even sometimes touching stories from people who've worked at Disney World's Magic Kingdom. It's a great way to get in the mood for your next trip to Orlando, or just to keep the memories of a Disney World visit alive.
Top U.S. Theme Parks
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Other Top International Parks
Features, News and Advice
"Stories from a Theme Park Insider"
Connect with Theme Park Insider