On the Road to Diagon Alley: Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Published: April 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Just head across the street from the entrance to Gringotts Bank and enjoy a cone from Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.
Concept art courtesy Universal
Harry Potter passed time enjoying ice cream sundaes at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour during the two weeks he spent in Diagon Alley at the end of the summer at the beginning of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Unfortunately, this became one of the many Diagon Alley stores boarded up and abandoned during wizards' war in the final two Harry Potter books. Author J.K. Rowling later revealed in an online chat that owner Florean Fortescue was killed during that war, though he also was part of a subplot involving the Elder Wand that she opted not to include in the books. Perhaps we might discover some additional information about Florean in Universal's Diagon Alley?
At the very least, we will find some unique ice cream flavors here. Universal featured a peanut-butter-and-strawberry flavor at Three Broomsticks in its original Wizarding World in Islands of Adventure, and a Universal spokesperson has promised that the resort's culinary team has created some additional special flavors just for Diagon Alley.
You can read more about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley in our ongoing series, linked below. We continue to hear from insiders that a soft opening is scheduled for mid- to late-May, with an official opening in mid-June, though Universal has confirmed no opening dates more specific than it will be open in "summer."
- Universal Orlando's Diagon Alley: Getting the lay of the land
- On the Road to Universal Orlando's Diagon Alley: King's Cross station
- On the Road to Diagon Alley: The Hogwarts Express
- On the Road to Diagon Alley: Universal reveals more about the The Hogwarts Express
- On the Road to Diagon Alley: Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- On the Road to Diagon Alley: How will Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts differ from Spider-Man and Transformers?
- On the Road to Diagon Alley: The London Embankment
- On the Road to Diagon Alley: Ollivander's and Gregorovitch's