Anna and Elsa head to Disney's Hollywood Studios - but will the crowds go with them?
Published: June 26, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Photo courtesy Disney
"Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios" starts July 5 and will feature several Frozen-themed events each day through September 1 (though no meet and greet with the royal duo):
- An 11 a.m. horse-drawn procession up Hollywood Boulevard, with Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff, finishing with a short ceremony at the Hat stage
- Sing-alongs and storytelling with Anna and Elsa in the Premiere Theater (on Streets of America)
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland in Soundstage One (near the Studio Tour exit), featuring a play area and Frozen merchandise
- A 5:30 p.m. DJ dance party at the Hat stage, with Frozen music in the mix
- And the finale, at 9:45 p.m., with a Hat stage character show leading into nightly Frozen-themed fireworks
Given that one of the main reasons behind Walt Disney Word's new MyMagic+ system is to use advance scheduling to redistribute guests from overflowing queues into less-crowded queues and areas of the park, this collection of Frozen-themed events seems designed to advance that same goal. If it manages to coax a few people from Disney World's most overcrowded queue — the wait for the Anna and Elsa meet and greet — into otherwise unused areas of the resort's least-attended park, Disney will count it a wild success.
What do you think? Will you include these events in your Disney World plans this summer?