Anthony Murphy

Published: December 17, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Good nominee just because of it being the classic example of Disney's human animatronics. However, my only problem that I see, which might just be the Hall of Presidents, is that Lincoln needs an updated audio track. Its quite scratchy IMO at the Hall of Presidents. I only assume the track is from Disneyland.

Still, a solid runner I think!

Sylvain Comeau

Published: December 18, 2009 at 12:43 AM

AAs that emote...that is amazing. That would address the main weakness of AAs, even through all the technological breakthroughs, like Buzz and Mr. Potato Head. I hope they pulled it off.

By the way, Robert, where was this panel discussion? At the D23 Expo?

Published: December 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Sorry for not being clear about that. The two were speaking to reporters, in the Opera House lobby, before the preview showing Thursday morning.
71.142.233.45

Published: December 19, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I'm so happy to hear that the Royal Dano speech has been restored. While the Gettysburg Address was interesting merely from a historical perspective, the original speech offered a timeless message relevant to Americans of every time. Lincoln's firm belief that "if destruction be our lot, it must spring from amongst us; it cannot come from abroad" was a caution to audiences coping with Cold War fears in the 60's, and we have a similar need for this message today.
Rhys Evans

Published: December 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I saw it yesterday morning. The new Lincoln AA is astoundingly cool! First show of the day, first show open to the public (Tony Baxter was in the audience), it was nonetheless poorly attended; of course everyone else was full-speed ahead for Buzz Lightyear or whatever... If only they'd known!

Published: December 21, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Thanks for the quick review Rhys... and I agree, too often folks are racing around searching for the next three minute thrill, when some of the best stuff is waiting right beneath their respective noses.

Robert - time for a Tuesday Visit To The Park, eh?

76.171.124.42

Published: December 23, 2009 at 12:24 AM

What a thrilling surprise to arrive at Disneyland on my birthday Dec. 20 and see that Lincoln is re-opened - and an even better surprise that it's a whole new figure. The facial is good, not perfect, but what really bothers me is that the body is still very stiff and mechanical. The eyes sure dart a lot, but I was in the second row. Perhaps it looks more real, as if Lincoln is speaking to the audience, from a few rows back. Finally, the voice is not muffled.
KUDOS for returning the best closing music ever, the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I don't like the Lincoln projection on the sky. Just leave the clouds forming the flag like before.
Thanks for a wonderful surprise birthday present!